Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Monday, January 20, 2019
The Hotshots suited up in full pads on a near perfect day in San Antonio Texas
The Hotshots have their second joint practice on Wednesday, January 23 at Southwest High School.
While Coach Neuheisel is not ready to make a depth chart, QB Trevor Knight got the first reps with the offense today in the final practice period.
On brand with Coach Neuheisel's family atmosphere, quarterback Trevor Knight's father was on the sideline for today's practice.
After going the first two weeks of training camp without a kicker or punter, the Hotshots added P Jeff Locke and K Erik Powell to the roster today. Both players practiced in full today.
DB Josh Jenkins waived
DE Ian Seau waived
P Jeff Locke added to the active roster
K Erik Powell added to the active roster
A member of The Alliance of American Football, The Arizona Hotshots are led by an experienced professional coaching staff and front office. The Hotshots feature Arizona native Rick Neuheisel as head coach and long-time NFL front office executive Phil Savage as General Manager.
The Arizona Hotshots team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio will be the Holiday Inn Riverwalk in San Antonio with practices being conducted at Southwest High School.
YOU HEARD IT FROM THE HOTSHOTS:
Coach Neuheisel on the offense today:"Better today. Better focus today. Again, we let the wind be a reason not be at our best. We can never predict the elements, so you just have to be mentally tougher than that. I like where our team came back. They responded to the challenge of having a bad day. They came back and had a good one."
Coach Neuheisel on having a kicker and punter at practice: "How about that! It looked like football because there was kicks today. Excited about having those guys in camp. Obviously that will enhance our special team works as we get ready to make some decisions about our roster. We are about a week away from making those tough decisions."
Jeff Locke on the Alliance of American Football: "I just love that there's another opportunity for guys who don't make the NFL because there really hasn't been. Especially if you come out of college and don't make it that first year, there hasn't been a way to develop and try to get back in. From what I've seen so far, it's going to be a competitive league on it's own. "
Jeff Locke on what he's most looking forward to:
"Playing in my hometown. I grew up in Glendale, AZ so it will be cool to be back by family and my old friends. I get to play for my home state for once."
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 21, 2019
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
- Memphis Express Daily Update - Memphis Express
- January 21, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- San Antonio Commanders Daily Training Camp Update for Monday, January 21, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Monday, January 20, 2019 - Arizona Hotshots
- Orlando Apollos to Host Weekly Radio Show 'Apollos Football Weekly' at Topgolf Orlando - Orlando Apollos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Hotshots Stories
- Hotshots Revive Offense Late, Rally for 20-18 Victory at Memphis
- Wolford, Hotshots Put on a Show with 38-22 Win over Salt Lake
- Rick Neuheisel Joins Debut Episode of OurSports Central's AAF Podcast
- Arizona Hotshots Game Notes
- Arizona Hotshots Week One Game Time Changed