Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Monday, January 14, 2019
The Hotshots started practice today by joining the Atlanta Legends for a walk through. The two teams both walked through a few drives without helmets.
The Hotshots will join the Orlando Apollos for practice on Wednesday, January 16.
While Coach Neuheisel is not ready to make a depth chart, the final two minutes of practice are reserved for a two minute drill with only one opportunity per position. QB Trevor Knight ran the offense today and also was the first quarterback on the field during the walk through.
68 of the 75 players practiced in full today. LB Scooby Wright, DB Robert Nelson, DB SaQwan Edwards, WR Rashad Ross, DB Joe Brown III, LB Nyles Morgan, and WR Corey Willis all missed practice. Willis is away from the team as he welcomes the birth of his son Kezden Augustus Willis.
Monday was an active day for roster moves including a trade:
DB Joe Brown waived
T Cameron Lee waived
T Donald Hawkins traded to Orlando for WR Freddie Martino
WR Freddie Martino added to the active roster
The AAF released the games times for the 2019 season (all times are local time and are subject to change):
Week 1: Salt Lake at Arizona - 2 p.m.
Week 2: Arizona at Memphis - 7 p.m. (6 p.m. MST)
Week 3: Arizona at Salt Lake - 1 p.m.
Week 4: Atlanta at Arizona - 6 p.m.
Week 5: San Antonio at Arizona - 5 p.m.
Week 6: Arizona at Orlando - 8 p.m. (5 p.m. MST)
Week 7: San Diego at Arizona - 1 p.m.
Week 8: Arizona at San Antonio - 7 p.m. (5 p.m. MST)
Week 9: Birmingham at Arizona - 5 p.m.
Week 10: Arizona at San Diego - 5 p.m.
A member of The Alliance of American Football, The Arizona Hotshots are led by an experienced professional coaching staff and front office. The Hotshots feature Arizona native Rick Neuheisel as head coach and long-time NFL front office executive Phil Savage as General Manager. The Arizona Hotshots team headquarters while in training camp in San Antonio will be the Holiday Inn Riverwalk in San Antonio with practices being conducted at Southwest High School. For all media inquiries for the Arizona Hotshots please contact Daniel Kurish (Director of Team Communications) by email at Daniel.Kurish@AAF.com.
YOU HEARD IT FROM THE HOTSHOTS:
Coach Rick Neuheisel on the cold weather: "The players didn't seem to mind. They battled. Very pleased with all of the work. The defense had a very good day. Got to just keep getting better. The elements were a little different today so that changes things. Came out, tried to do a little of everything instead of just focusing on one portion of the plan in terms of situations. Transitioning from situation to situation made us a little rougher but that's all part of it. Trying to get better every day and watching all the competition unfold."
• Discuss this story on the Alliance of American Football message board...
Alliance of American Football Stories from January 14, 2019
- Iron TE Weslye Saunders Working To 'Earn His Stripes' During Training Camp - Birmingham Iron
- Birmingham Iron Daily Report - Birmingham Iron
- Memphis Express Daily Update - Memphis Express
- Arizona Hotshots Daily Update: Monday, January 14, 2019 - Arizona Hotshots
- SD Fleet Daily Update - San Diego Fleet
- January 14, 2019 - Orlando Apollos Daily Update - Orlando Apollos
- Atlanta Legends Announce Game Times for 2019 Schedule - Atlanta Legends
- San Antonio Commanders Daily Training Camp Update for Monday, January 14, 2019 - San Antonio Commanders
- Salt Lake Stallions Daily Update - Salt Lake Stallions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Arizona Hotshots Stories
- Arizona Hotshots Issue Statement on AAF Decision
- Arizona Hotshots QB John Wolford Becomes First to Earn Multiple Player of the Week Awards
- Commanders' Bausby, Hotshots' Wolford and Richardson Capture Week 7 AAF Honors
- Big Plays Earn Three Standouts Week 6 AAF Player of the Week Honors
- Arizona Hotshots Host Public Safety Salute and #19 Retirement Ceremony Sunday, March 3