Argos Sign Canadian QB Brandon Bridge
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today the club has signed Canadian QB Brandon Bridge.
Bridge, a Toronto native, comes home after playing eight games for Saskatchewan last season, throwing for 804 yards and a touchdown. The 6'5, 235-pound QB was selected in the fourth round of the 2015 CFL Draft by Montreal getting in two games as a rookie for the Als. The 26-year-old signed with the Roughriders in 2016 and a year later became the first Canadian QB to throw for at least three touchdowns in a game in over 30 years when he led the Riders to a road win road over Hamilton. In 25 career games, Bridge has thrown for 2,485 yards and 13 touchdowns while adding 321 yards and four touchdowns on the ground.
'Air Canada' played two seasons at Alcorn State University in Mississippi (2010-2011), starting as a freshman for the Braves and throwing for over 2,000 yards and 19 touchdowns with 601 yards rushing and eight scores on the ground that season. After his sophomore season, Bridge transferred to the University of South Alabama to finish his college football career for the Jaguars (2013-2014).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 24, 2019
- Argos Sign Canadian QB Brandon Bridge - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Add National Defensive Lineman Maxx Forde - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos Add International LB Kennan Gilchrist
- Argos Select German DL Marc Anthony Hor in First Ever CFL European Draft
- Argos to Play Preseason Game at University of Toronto May 30 vs Montreal
- Argos to Play Touchdown Atlantic Game in Moncton, NB
- Mike Lionello Joins Argos Coaching Staff