Argos Bethel-Thompson Named CFL's Top Performer for Week 8
TORONTO - The Canadian Football League announced today that Argos quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson has been named Top Performer for Week 8.
Bethel-Thompson, 31, completed 37-of-49 passes for 343 yards and three touchdowns in leading the Double Blue to a victory over Winnipeg last Thursday night, a game Toronto trailed by 20 points in the first half. With 1:41 left on the clock and the Argos down six, the former Sacramento State Hornet led the Argos 72 yards completing 7-of-8 passes including an 11-yard touchdown pass to S.J. Green with 13 seconds left to tie the game. The 6'4, 220-pound QB also led Toronto in rushing with five carries for 44 yards. In seven games this season including five starts Bethel-Thompson has thrown for 1,592 yards (fourth best in the CFL) and 10 touchdowns (tied for second in the league).
Ottawa's Devonte Dedmon and Saskatchewan's Cody Fajardo were also named CFL Top Performers for Week 8 (second and third respectively).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 6, 2019
- Joe "Roman Reigns" Anoai Returns this Friday - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stamps in Winnipeg for First-Place Showdown - Calgary Stampeders
- Shaw CFL Top Performers Named for Week 8 - CFL
- Argos Bethel-Thompson Named CFL's Top Performer for Week 8 - Toronto Argonauts
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Alouettes Add Frederic Plesius to the Lineup - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos Add Former East All-Star DB Mincy to Practice Roster
- Argos Add Six to Extended Practice Roster
- Argos WR Derel Walker Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 12
- Toronto Argonauts Sign National RB Darius Raso to One-Day Contract
- Toronto Argonauts to Host You Can Play Night at BMO Field Tonight