Argos Add Int DL Cory Johnson
TORONTO - The Toronto Argonauts announced today the club has signed International DL Cory Johnson.
Johnson, 26, has played 25 games over two seasons for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and recorded 28 tackles and five sacks. Before joining the Bombers, the South Carolina native spent the off-seasons of 2016 and 2017 with the NFL's Atlanta Falcons and Kansas City Chiefs respectively.
The 6'3, 300-pound DT played two seasons at the University of Kentucky (2014-2015) and tallied 77 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery in 18 games. Before joining the Wildcats, Johnson spent two years at ASA College in Brooklyn, New York and was First-Team All-Northeast as a sophomore after leading the Avengers with 49 tackles, 15 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks in 2013.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Argos Sign Int LB Micah Awe - Toronto Argonauts
- Argos Add Former CFL All-Star RB Tyrell Sutton - Toronto Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Sign International Defensive Back Winston Rose - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Argos Add Int DE Tobi Antigha - Toronto Argonauts
- RedBlacks Sign Nicolas Boulay - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Alouettes Sign Three-Time All-Star Taylor Loffler - Montreal Alouettes
- Lions Welcome Receiver Duron Carter - B.C. Lions
- Defensive End Davis Signs with Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Argos Add Int DL Cory Johnson - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Sign Wide Receiver Chambers - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Eskimos Sign Qadr Spooner - Edmonton Eskimos
- RedBlacks Sign Trio of Free Agents - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Lions Ink Canadian Free Agent Trio - B.C. Lions
- Stamps Sign Cordarro Law - Calgary Stampeders
- Lions Add RB John White to Backfield - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks Sign Jonathon Jennings - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Riders Sign National Receiver Cory Watson - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argos Sign Two-Time Grey Cup Champ Int DE Shawn Lemon - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.