AppleSox Drop Second of Three to Knights
CORVALLIS, Ore. - The Wenatchee AppleSox fell to the Corvallis Knights, 12-3, on Wednesday night at Goss Stadium.
Joey Magro collected three hits in four at-bats, but it was not enough to lead the AppleSox. The team also collected 11 hits in the loss.
An RBI single in the second and another in the third gave the Knights a 2-0 lead. The AppleSox responded with a two-run fifth when they loaded up the bases. Mason Marenco drove in one with an RBI groundout to the right side and Jordan Rathbone singled in another to tie the game.
In the bottom half, Corvallis scored three times on three hits, a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly. The AppleSox would respond with an RBI walk by John Sage with the bases loaded, but that was all they would get. The Knights scored six runs on seven hits in the sixth and added another in the seventh to cap the scoring.
The AppleSox now look to take the series in the final meeting of the season between the two teams on Thursday at 6:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the West Coast League message board...
West Coast League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Pickles Offense Stays Hot as Pippins Lose Second Straight Game - Yakima Valley Pippins
- Sweets Complete Two-Game Sweep of the Highline Bears - Walla Walla Sweets
- AppleSox Drop Second of Three to Knights - Wenatchee AppleSox
- Akin Goes Eight Strong as Falcons Earn 7-1 Victory over HarbourCats - Kelowna Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.