Angel City FC Sleeve Patch Partner Revealed
LOS ANGELES - Angel City Football Club (ACFC), Los Angeles' newest professional women's soccer team set to take the field as part of the National Women's Soccer League in Spring 2022, today announced female-founded, direct-to-consumer footwear brand, Birdies - the stylish flat that is secretly a slipper - as the team's founding sleeve sponsor.
Bianca Gates and Marisa Sharkey founded Birdies in 2015 not only to fill a void in the footwear industry, but to use its platform to uplift and empower all women. With that, Birdies has become one of ACFC's title sponsors, supporting the team's mission of uniting and mobilizing the community and making an impact both on and off the field. This commitment aligns with Birdies' track record of mentorship through their philanthropic partnerships with nonprofit organizations Project Glimmer and Step Up, among others.
As the team's exclusive sleeve patch partner, Birdies' logo will be positioned on the right shoulder of the official kit, appearing on home and away jerseys, all authentic and replica first-team jerseys available to consumers, and any special edition first-team jerseys. This summer, the team's colors, crest, kit and logoed merchandise will be revealed, while the exclusive ACFC x Birdies shoe collaboration will be released in Spring 2022, with more details to follow.
As part of the Angel City Sponsorship Model, ACFC collaborates with each of its corporate partners to re-allocate 10% of the value of their sponsorship via product, asset, or monetary donation, to local causes. ACFC and Birdies will work together to immediately mobilize part of the allocation to develop a mentorship program for young girls across Los Angeles to encourage the next generation to believe in themselves and chase their dreams. In celebration of the partnership, ACFC and Birdies will host a leadership panel today for youth hosted by ACFC founders. Details of the complete program are forthcoming.
"We are so honored to be working with the Angel City Football Club. This partnership is so much bigger than just the Birdies logo on the kit, as it represents two mission-driven, female-led companies coming together to inspire and lift up young women to help them live their lives with passion and purpose. ACFC couldn't have been a more perfect partner for our first-ever sponsorship of this kind, and we look forward to what's to come" said Birdies CEO & Co-Founder, Bianca Gates.
Marisa Sharkey, Birdies President & Co-Founder added, "Both Birdies and ACFC are aligned in the mission to create an amazing community of women who support and encourage each other to reach their goals every day. The power of sports is so unique in demonstrating the extraordinary outcomes that can be achieved from a team coming together on and off the field. We can't wait to work with such an inspiring group and make an impact in the lives of young women everywhere."
"The natural alignment between ACFC and Birdies was crystal clear the minute we met co-founders Bianca and Marisa, whose business model is rooted in the belief that passion meeting purpose can lead to profit, which is a core value that we share," said Julie Uhrman, ACFC Founder and President. "The fact that we are their first sports sponsorship is not lost on us. For a company like Birdies to recognize the value of our platform and how we can affect change together, is unique and exciting. We are very much looking forward to partnering with this incredible company as we work to support young girls through the mentorship program we are developing together."
"I'm excited to welcome Birdies to the ACFC family and applaud their commitment to collaborating with ACFC to build a robust mentorship program that will inspire young women across Los Angeles," said actor, activist, and ACFC investor, Sophia Bush. "Angel City is making such an impact on the community, well before we have players on the field, demonstrated already through the work we are doing with our incredible founding partners. We are proud to add Birdies to that list. "
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from March 2, 2021
- OL Reign Announces 32-Player Preseason Roster - OL Reign
- Pride's First Preseason Test Awaits, Face Kansas City on Wednesday - Orlando Pride
- Thorns FC Announce Updated 2021 Preseason Roster - Portland Thorns FC
- Bianca St. Georges Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Surgery - Chicago Red Stars
- Chicago Red Stars Announce Updates to 2021 Preseason Roster - Chicago Red Stars
- Kansas City NWSL Agrees to Terms with Draft Picks Victoria Pickett and Addie McCain - Kansas City
- Sky Blue FC Announces Updated 2021 Preseason Roster - Sky Blue FC
- NC Courage Announce Updates to Preseason Roster - North Carolina Courage
- Orlando Pride Provides 2021 Preseason Roster Update - Orlando Pride
- Orlando Pride Signs 2020 Draft Pick Abi Kim - Orlando Pride
- Washington Spirit Announce Updated Preseason Roster - Washington Spirit
- Racing Strengthens Squad at 32-Player Deadline - Racing Louisville FC
- Sky Blue FC Goalkeeper Kailen Sheridan Has Successful Right Quad Surgery - Sky Blue FC
- Angel City FC Sleeve Patch Partner Revealed - Angel City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Angel City Stories
- Final Angel City Kit Sponsor Announced
- Seat Deposit = Nike Sports Bra Goes to a Young Girl in Need
- Angel City FC Sleeve Patch Partner Revealed
- Angel City Football Club Launches Anti-Racist Project with Groundbreaking Soccer Coalition Led by Common Goal
- Front of Kit Partner Revealed