Andree Shuts out Erie for 67's Fifth Win in a Row
OTTAWA - The Ottawa 67's stayed perfect on their current road trip thanks to their their second win in as many days with a 2-0 win over the Erie Otters. Mitch Hoelscher and Austen Keating were the goal scorers for Ottawa and Cedrick Andree stopped 32 shots for his first shutout of the season.
67's centreman Mitch Hoelscher kept up his great form as of late by scoring the game's first goal 6:25 into the contest. His 11th goal of the season marked the third consecutive game where he had found the back of the net, as he collected four goals in his last two games. Rookie defenseman Anthony Costantini collected his first OHL point on the play with an assist. Cedrick Andree was solid in the opening frame with 11 stops.
Another player who's been on fire in this start to the season, Austen Keating, doubled the Barber Poles' lead with a shorthanded goal midway through the second period with a shorthanded goal set up by Marco Rossi. Both players have combined for 48 points so far this season, 24 each.
The third period remained scoreless, giving Andree his first shutout of the season, after he had collected a total of four last season.
The Barber Poles will end their road trip tomorrow afternoon in Hamilton, when they visit the Bulldogs for a 2:00 PM game. The 67's will then find their home ice once again on Friday, November 8th. For the occasion, the team will hold its second Toonie Beer Night of the season.
With an assist, Marco Rossi now extends his point streak to all ten games he has played this season, now totaling 24 points (5G, 19A).
Forward Mitch Hoelscher now has 21 points in 15 games. He has already beat his career high (10) in goals with 11 so far.
This was Cedrick Andree's fifth shutout of his OHL career.
Ottawa dominated on the faceoff dot with 31 wins against 22.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 2, 2019
- Colts First Period Surge Earns the Win in Flint - Barrie Colts
- Sting Shutdown the Attack with a 4-2 Victory - Sarnia Sting
- Attack Fall 4-2 to Sting on Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Owen Sound Attack
- 67's Roll over Otters with 2-0 Win - Erie Otters
- IceDogs Unable to Score on the Powerplay Fall, 4-2 to Visiting Steelheads - Niagara IceDogs
- Isaacson's Hat Trick Lifts Steelheads Past IceDogs - Mississauga Steelheads
- Andree Shuts out Erie for 67's Fifth Win in a Row - Ottawa 67's
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Between Guelph and Saginaw - Saginaw Spirit
- Preview: Spirit Host Storm on Military Appreciation Night - Saginaw Spirit
- McMichael's Six Points Fuel OT Thriller - London Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.