Anaheim Ducks Sign Tristan Luneau to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - The Anaheim Ducks today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed defenseman Tristan Luneau to a three-year entry-level contract.
Luneau, 19 (1/12/2004), was named the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) Defenseman of the Year in 2022-23 (Emile-Bouchard Trophy), after scoring 20-63=83 points with a +49 rating in 65 games for Gatineau. He led QMJHL blueliners in points and assists, ranked second in goals and fourth in plus/minus, and was the only defenseman in the league to pace his club in points last season.
The 6-2, 191-pound defenseman's 83 points were the most by a QMJHL defenseman since 2013-14 and he became one of eight league blueliners to score 20 goals in a single season the last 10 years. He was also named a QMJHL First Team All-Star and Canadian Hockey League Second Team All-Star.
Selected by Anaheim in the second round (53rd overall) of the 2022 NHL Draft, Luneau also recorded 2-15=17 points with a +9 rating in 13 QMJHL Playoff games in 2023. He co-led all QMJHL defensemen in points and assists, collecting a point in 10 of 13 postseason games.
The Victoriaville, Quebec native has collected 36-108=144 points with a +53 rating in 159 career QMJHL games with Gatineau from 2020-23. In 2021-22, he led Gatineau defensemen in points and assists, while ranking second in goals with 12-31=43 points in 63 games. The 2020 QMJHL first overall pick, he earned QMJHL Rookie of the Year, Defensive Rookie of the Year and QMJHL All-Rookie Team honors after finishing second among first-year defensemen with 4-14=18 points in 31 games in 2020-21.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 5, 2023
- Checkers Unveil Queen City Outdoor Classic Jerseys - Charlotte Checkers
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Tristan Luneau to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Belleville Sens Launch 2023-24 Children's Programming, Including New Belly's Kids Club - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners Single Game Tickets on Sale Now for All 36 Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bridgeport Islanders Sign Forward Tanner Fritz - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolf Pack to Host Two Preseason Games at Trinity College - Hartford Wolf Pack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.