Amerks Honorary Captain Video Series Named 2020 Bronze Telly Award Winner
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans were named the recipient of a 2020 Bronze Telly Award in recognition of the team's Honorary Captain of the Game video series for the episode featuring six-year-old Jake Almeida from the 2019-20 season.
The Telly Awards are the world's largest honor for unique video and television content across all screens. The Amerks were honored as part of the Social - Sports and Leisure category and join a host of other renowned companies as 2020 Bronze Telly Award winners.
Now in its second year, the season-long Honorary Captain of the Game program, presented in partnership with UR Medicine Golisano Children's Hospital, offers the unique opportunity of a lifetime for one child to take the ice with the Amerks and stand alongside the starting lineup during the playing of the national anthem prior to puck-drop.
Each participant has the chance to watch pre-game warm-ups from either the team bench or penalty box, enjoy the game with family from the comfort of a luxury suite and is treated to a special meet and greet with Amerks Hall of Famer Jody Gage and select players following the game. Additionally, participants are outfitted with their very own Amerks jersey as well as other team merchandise.
Amerks Video Production Team
Sr. Multimedia Specialist, Matthew Miller
Associate Multimedia Specialist, Cassandra Opela
Multimedia Journalist, Suzie Cool
Sr. Manager, Video and Creative Services, Bryan Darrow
About the 41st Annual Telly Awards
The Telly Awards is the premier award honoring video and television across all screens. Established in 1979, The Telly Awards receives over 12,000 entries from all 50 states and 5 continents. Entrants are judged by The Telly Awards Judging Council-an industry body of over 200 leading experts including advertising agencies, production companies, and major television networks, reflective of the multiscreen industry and includes executives from Dow Jones, Duplass Brothers Productions, Complex Networks, A&E Networks, Hearst Media, ESPN Films, RYOT, Vice+ and Vimeo. Winners are selected for recognition based on excellence in the following areas: Branded Content, Commercials & Marketing, Immersive & Mixed Reality, Non-Broadcast, Series / Shows / Segments and Social Video.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 28, 2020
- Downers Grove Man Wins Chicago Wolves' Sprint Power Play Payday Contest - Chicago Wolves
- Belleville Senators Forward Josh Norris Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie - Belleville Senators
- Belleville's Josh Norris Wins American Hockey League's Red Garrett Award - AHL
- Amerks Honorary Captain Video Series Named 2020 Bronze Telly Award Winner - Rochester Americans
- Moose Announce 2019-20 Player Awards Show - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Announce Year-End Team Award Winners for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Celebrating Fan Appreciation Week, Presented by UR Medicine Orthopaedics & Physical Performance
- Amerks Recognized at 2020 AHL Team Business Spring Series Meetings for Business Excellence
- Sabres Announce Changes to Amerks Hockey Operations Department
- Amerks Honorary Captain Video Series Named 2020 Bronze Telly Award Winner
- Amerks Announce Year-End Team Award Winners for 2019-20 Season