Americans Shutout in Kamloops
KAMLOOPS, BC - The Americans and Blazers matched up today in Kamloops for the second of back-to-back games. Once again, the Blazers took a decisive victory over the Americans winning 8-0.
The B.C. Division-leading Blazers started tonight's game with a flurry of goals. Connor Zary, who returned tonight from the CHL Top Prospects Game, opened scoring for Kamloops just 20 seconds into the first period. He followed three minutes later with his second of the night to give the Blazers a 2-0 lead.
The Blazers continued with four more goals through the first period, taking a 6-0 lead over the Americans into intermission.
Americans rookie Mason Dunsford made his first ever start in net last night in Tri-City's 12-3 loss to Kamloops. He was relieved by veteran goaltender Talyn Boyko, but Dunsford came back to finish the game after Boyko suffered a third period injury.
Dunsford started in net for the Americans again tonight as Boyko was scratched. The 16-year-old Dunsford stopped 41 of 50 shots faced tonight.
Scoring slowed through the remainder of the game with the Blazers adding two more in the second period and one in the third.
The Americans won 58% of faceoffs tonight (43/74).
Score: 9-0 KAM
Shots: 50-24 KAM
The Americans will continue on the road for the next weeks. They return to the Toyota Center on Saturday, January 25th to take on the Spokane Chiefs.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2020
- T-Birds Fall to Tips But Remain in Wild Card Playoff Spot - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Giants Wrap up Weekend with a Home Loss to Blazers - Vancouver Giants
- Tigers Bested 4-2 by Oil Kings - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Sawchuk Buries First Career Hat Trick as Oil Kings Tame Tigers, 4-2 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Game 44 at Edmonton - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Sunday, January 19 at Winnipeg - Calgary Hitmen
- ICE and Hitmen Meet on Consecutive Nights - Winnipeg Ice
- Game Day Hub: January 19 - Portland Winterhawks
- Winterhawks blank Rockets - Kelowna Rockets
- Giants Power Play Strikes Four Times in a 6-2 Triumph on the Island - Vancouver Giants
- Americans Shutout in Kamloops - Tri-City Americans
- Berezowski Leads Charge in 8-0 Leveling of Seattle - Everett Silvertips
- Tips Defeat T-Birds in First Game of Home-And-Home Series - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Jacobson Scores Twice as Chiefs Top Pats - Spokane Chiefs
- Tigers Storm Hurricanes 6-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Royals Downed by Giants - Victoria Royals
- Rebels Battle Back from Two-Goal Deficit, Beat Raiders in a Shootout - Red Deer Rebels
- Blades Tame Broncos for Second Consecutive Night - Saskatoon Blades
- Chiefs Distance Pats in Third - Regina Pats
- 1st WHL Shutout for Giannuzzi - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.