Americans and Grizzlies Resume Series After off Day
Salt Lake City, Utah - The Allen Americans reclaimed home-ice advantage with a 4-2 win on Wednesday night. They now look to take a commanding lead in the series as they face Utah tonight at 8:05 PM CST.
The Americans have been good in Utah this season, winning all four games at Maverik Center. However, this is a much different Utah team than they faced in the regular season, starting in goal with San Diego Gulls product Kevin Boyle.
"He's (Kevin Boyle) been really good for them in net," said Americans forward Dyson Stevenson. "However, if we're doing our job in front of the net, we can make it not so comfortable for him. We were much better attacking the net on Wednesday night."
Chad Costello leads Allen with three points this postseason. Two of those points coming in the way of assists on Wednesday night. Michael Brodzinski returned to the Allen lineup on Wednesday and made a noticeable bringing speed to the Allen blue-line and chipping in with two assists.
"It felt great to get back out there," said Brodzinski. "We have so much talent on this roster. It's scary what we can do when everyone is clicking. We had a really solid third period on Wednesday."
Riley Gill played great on Wednesday, denying Utah on several point-blank chances, including late in the third period when the Grizzlies were on the power play with the extra attacker on the ice.
Puck drop for tonight's game is at 8:05 PM Central Time. You can listen to tonight's game on Mixlr at http://mixlr.com/allen-americans-hockey/%20or%20watch%20the%20Game%202%20on%20ECHL%20TV%20http://echl.neulion.com/echl/home. www.allenamericans.com.
Allen leads the series tied 2-1
Game 1, Wed, Apr 12, Utah 3 at Allen 4, Final
Game 2, Fri, Apr 14, Utah 4 Allen 1, Final
Game 3, Wed, Apr 19, Allen 4 at Utah 2 Final
Game 4, Fri, Apr 21, Allen at Utah, 8:00 PM
*Game 5, Sat, Apr 22, Allen at Utah, 8:00 PM
*Game 6, Mon, Apr 24, Utah at Allen, 7:05 PM
*Game 7, Tues, Apr 25, Utah at Allen, 7:05 PM
* If necessary
#All times are Central Time
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 21, 2017
- Stingrays Push Greenville to Edge with Game 5 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reddi Industries Presents Pucks for Bucks Donation to CAC - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Announce 2017-2018 Home Schedule - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - April 21 - ECHL
- Thunder To Hold Party On The Plaza Before Game 5 - Adirondack Thunder
- Mason Mcdonald Added To Thunder's Postseason Roster - Adirondack Thunder
- Desantis Relieved of Coaching Duties - Rapid City Rush
- Americans and Grizzlies Resume Series After off Day - Allen Americans
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Solar Bears Fall in OT Thriller - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Even Series at Two with 3-2 Win in Brampton - Reading Royals
- O'Donnell's Overtime Goal Lifts 'Blades to Game 3 Win - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Add Forward Butcher, Affiliation Announcement Coming this Saturday
- Americans Sign Captain Joel Chouinard
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers
- Americans to Host Education Day Game in December
- Americans to Host Networking Event Wednesday Night at Allen Event Center