American Hockey League Announces Suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Grand Rapids Griffins forward Givani Smith has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a playoff game vs. Chicago on Apr. 23.
Smith was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Game 4 of the Central Division semifinal series between the teams tonight (Apr. 24).
Grand Rapids Griffins forward Dominic Turgeon has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of a boarding incident in a playoff game vs. Chicago on Apr. 23.
Turgeon will miss Game 4 (tonight) and Game 5 (Sunday, if necessary) of the Central Division semifinal series between the teams. If Game 5 is not necessary, Turgeon will miss Game 1 of the Central Division Finals (TBD).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 24, 2019
- Marlies Advance to North Division Finals - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Force Game 5 - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Take Back Control with Big Game 3 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Shut Down P-Bruins Offense, Take 2-1 Series Lead - Providence Bruins
- Blue Jackets Reassign Forward Maxime Fortier to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Weekly: Hershey One Win Away from Advancing - Hershey Bears
- Marlies Host Americans for Game Three at Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- The Practices Pederson Pushes and His Stellar Sophomore Season - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Take Series Lead with 5-2 Win in Front of 6,214 - Bakersfield Condors
- Iowa Takes 2-0 Series Lead with 6-1 Win Tuesday - Iowa Wild
- Bakersfield Takes 2-1 Series Lead with 5-2 Victory over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Griffins' Gritty Effort Pushes Wolves to Brink - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Fall in Feral Game 3 - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.