American Association Postpones Start of 2020 Season
FARGO, N.D. - The American Association announced that the start of the 2020 regular season has been postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
In an announcement made by the league today, the 2020 season is potentially set to start in early July and extend into late September, with the intent of playing 80 games. Officials with the American Association are working with teams on a updating the 2020 schedule and the revised schedule will be released to the public as soon as all dates are finalized
All single game tickets purchased for games that were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic can be exchanged for home games, once the new schedule is released. Season ticket holders, group event leaders and corporate partners will be contacted directly by a member of the RedHawks staff in the coming days. Promotions and giveaways will also be rescheduled and announced as soon as the new schedule is available.
The league and team officials continue to closely monitor the pandemic situation and will follow all safety recommendations issued by federal, state and local agencies to ensure the safety of fans, players, umpires and staff when the 2020 season begins.
Newman Outdoor Field and the RedHawks front office will remain closed to the public until further notice. Any questions regarding the 2020 season can be addressed by calling 701-235-6161 (from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday) or by email ([email protected]).
All updates and information about the 2020 American Association season can be found here:
F-M RedHawks team website: http://fmredhawks.com/
American Association website: https://www.americanassociationbaseball.com/
RedHawks team Twitter page: https://twitter.com/FMRedHawks
RedHawks team Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FMREDHAWKS/
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from April 21, 2020
- Start of 2020 Season Delayed by Covid-19 Pandemic - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Explorers 2020 Season Postponed - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Postpones Start of 2020 Season - AA
- American Association Postpones Start of 2020 Season - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks Stories
- Arroyo Grand Slam Leads Dogs to An 11-6 Win over the RedHawks
- RedHawks Bats Come Alive in 11-8 Win over Winnipeg
- RedHawks Manage Only Five Hits in 5-0 Loss to Goldeyes
- First Road Loss for 'Hawks as Winnipeg Wins Its Home Opener in Fargo
- Trey Hair Walks It off as RedHawks Earn First Win of Season