Ambush Fail to Fight off the Fury
St. Charles, MO - The St. Louis Ambush fell in a 7-4 contest against the Ontario Fury Friday evening in the Family Arena. This match brought the Ambush to 8-10 on the season and propelled the Fury to 9-8.
In the initial quarter, the Ambush and the Fury displayed fire and energy immediately. Ontario tallied six fouls throughout the period, versus none for the Ambush, and developed a 1-0 lead thanks to Franck Tayou with an assist from former Ambush player Justin Stinson. Going into this matchup, Tayou led the league in both goals and points.
Starting the second quarter off with a newfound energy, JT Thomas earned a goal after only 12 seconds with an assist from Pablo Da Silva. Ontario proceeded to score with one goal by Justin Stinson and two from Juan Carlos Gonzalez. Fury led 4-1 at the half.
Lucas Almeida performed a backheel tap past goalkeeper Chris Toth to reduce the deficit to 4-2. The Ontario Fury quickly retaliated with a goal from Tayou which allotted the team a 5-2 lead.
During the fourth and final quarter, the two teams aggressively rallied back and forth for possession. After approximately seven and a half minutes, JT Thomas attacked a rebound off Toth directly into the back of the net for his second goal of the night. Around two minutes later, Duduca shot a hard driven ball off Felipe's assist to tighten the game up to a 5-4 differential. The gap was widened when Fury's Tayou completed the hat trick and Nestor Herndandez capitalized on the Ambush's sixth attacker attempt to score a long goal from half field. These goals finished out the game with Ontario leading 7-4.
Images from this story
Ontario Fury vs. the St. Louis Ambush
Ontario Fury goalkeeper Chris Toth vs. the St. Louis Ambush
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Blast Survive Scare, Defeat Lancers in OT 6-5 - Baltimore Blast
- Lancers Fall to Blast in Overtime - Rochester Lancers
- SeaWolves Comeback Falls Just Short in Harrisburg - Orlando SeaWolves
- Record Crowd Sees Tropics Hold off Sonora, 8-6; Guilherme, Gonzaga, Tavernese Get Two Each - Florida Tropics SC
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes vs. Dallas - San Diego Sockers
- Game Notes Sidekicks vs. San Diego - Dallas Sidekicks
- Ontario Fury Road Trip Continues in Kansas City - Ontario Fury
- Ambush Fail to Fight off the Fury - Ontario Fury
- Mesquite Outlaws Redeem Themselves against San Diego 5-3 - Mesquite Outlaws
- Lancers Hosts Blast in the Middle of a Three-Game Weekend for Both Teams - Rochester Lancers
- Cal Express Defeat the Sidekicks - Turlock Cal Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.