Altidore Injury Update
Toronto FC announced Tuesday that forward Jozy Altidore underwent successful surgery to remove bone fragments from his foot earlier today in New York. Altidore is expected to be out of the line-up for the next 4-6 weeks.
This season, Altidore has made 11 combined appearances (MLS regular season and Concacaf Champions League) with five goals and two assists. In addition, Altidore reached two club milestones by scoring his 50th goal for the Reds (March 30 v. Real Salt Lake) and earned his 100th cap (April 25 v. Chivas Guadalajara).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 8, 2018
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Toronto FC - May 9, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo at Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Friday, May 11 - 9:30 p.m. CDT - Houston Dynamo
- Paul Christensen Signs Short-Term Agreement with Atlanta United - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Loans Jesus Ferreira to Tulsa Roughnecks FC - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union at Columbus Crew SC - Philadelphia Union
- Impact Visits Chicago Fire on Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Forward Jordan Morris to Serve as 2018 Seafair Torchlight Parade Grand Marshal - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits Atlanta in Marquee Wednesday Matchup - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts the Philadelphia Union at Mapfre Stadium Tomorrow in Midweek Showdown - Columbus Crew SC
- Altidore Injury Update - Toronto FC
- Montreal Impact Unveils Schedule of 2018 BMO Soccer Celebration Summer Tour - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Agrees to Youth Affiliation with Northwest United FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Sporting Kansas City - Atlanta United FC
- Montreal Impact Midfielder Ignacio Piatti Voted Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Ignacio Piatti Named Alcatel MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.