Alouettes Issue Statement on Season Cancellation
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes made the following statement regarding the announcement that there would not be a 2020 Canadian Football League season.
"We are saddened by the fact that we won't be able to rekindle with our fans, even if that would have only happened from afar. We would have loved to continue to build off last season's success and continue to build on the solid foundations we established," declared Alouettes' President Mario Cecchini.
"I can assure everyone that this decision wasn't an easy one to take. We believe however that the decision was taken in the best interest of the future of this league and its teams. Our league and our team will come back even stronger in 2021. We would like to thank the players, the other organizations, our business partners, and most of all, our fans for their patience all along this process. We were confronted to a unique situation and always had everyone's health as our first priority," added Cecchini.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 17, 2020
- Statement from Argos GM Michael "Pinball" Clemons on the Cancellation of the 2020 CFL Season - Toronto Argonauts
- Alouettes Issue Statement on Season Cancellation - Montreal Alouettes
- Letter from Caretaker Bob Young to Tiger-Cats Fans and Partners - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- CFL 2020 Season Canceled - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes Donate $5,000 to the Breakfast Club on Behalf of Their Generous Fans
- Alouettes to Fly on the Wings of Nolinor Aviation for the Next Ten Years
- Quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. to remain under contract with the Alouettes
- Alouettes Saddened by the Death of Dan Yochum
- Alouettes Owners Issue Statement