Alouettes Bring Back William Stanback in the Nest
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Monday that the club has signed running back William Stanback to a new two-year contract, as he will make his return in the nest in 2021.
Stanback (6'0", 233 lbs.) returns to Montreal in 2021 after a 2019 season where he established himself as one of the CFL's shinning stars. Then in his second season in the CFL, Stanback surpassed the 1,000 rushing yards mark, finishing the season with 1,048 rushing yards on 170 carries, while crossing the goal line five times. The 26-year-old also caught 33 passes for 329 yards.
The Hempstead, NY native maintained a CFL leading 6.2 yards per carry average. On July 21 2019, against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats he carried the ball 22 times for gains of 203 yards while adding 46 yards on one reception, allowing him to complete his day with 249 total yards.
Elected a CFL All-Star that season, he turned enough heads to merit a contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, and participated in the team's training camp in 2020.
"We are extremely happy that William chose to return to Montreal and be a part of the nucleus of our players for the upcoming seasons," said Alouettes General Manager Danny Maciocia. "His return will allow us to continue offering our fans exciting and spectacular football, all while bolstering our offence with a good dose of talent and energy."
The Alouettes also announced that the team has signed American defensive lineman Chris Favoroso to a two-year deal.
Favoroso (6'3'', 240 lbs.) completed his collegiate career with the Duquesne University Dukes in 2019, leading the team with nine sacks, while adding 43 tackles for the season.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 14, 2020
- Stampeders Re-Sign Richard Leonard - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Extend Contracts of Three Americans - Toronto Argonauts
- RedBlacks Add Six Players to Roster - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Lions Lock up Dominique Rhymes for 2021, Add Two More Americans - B.C. Lions
- Orimolade Remains with Red and White - Calgary Stampeders
- Alouettes Bring Back William Stanback in the Nest - Montreal Alouettes
- Roughriders extend O'Day and Dickenson, Announce 2021 Football Operations Staff - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.