Alex Gajic Tabbed with All-Rookie Honors
DENVER - The National Lacrosse League and the Colorado Mammoth announced today that forward Alex Gajic has been named to the 2010 All-Rookie team.
"It's exciting to have a kid like Alex who can potentially contribute to this team for the next 10 or 12 years," said Mammoth assistant general manager Bill Hall.
Gajic, who was named the league's Rookie of the Week three times and Rookie of the Month for March, finished his first NLL campaign with 26 goals and 22 assists.
"It is a very big honor for me," said Gajic. "To be named alongside some of the other members of the All-Rookie team is truly an honor because those guys are incredible players."
Gajic excited fans with his offensive fire power throughout the season, but his most memorable performance came during a six-goal outing in a home game against the Washington Stealth. Fans celebrated the rookie's effort by raining socks down onto the field in appreciation of his sock-trick.
"Colorado is where I wanted to end up for sure," said Gajic. "I love playing here and I love playing for the great fans."
Following such a prolific individual season from Gajic, the Mammoth front office is even more excited about Alex's future in Colorado. "The fact that we will continue to see his growth and improvement is a plus for everyone," continued Hall. "With added effort and focus, he should keep improving. The more he plays, the better he gets. I think that was evidenced by the way he continued to get better and better as the season progressed."
Gajic agrees that there will be more in store for next season. "I really want to step up my production next season," said Gajic. "I started off a little slow but I had a few good weeks there and I want to be able to do that every week next season. I just want to be more consistent throughout the entire year."
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from May 13, 2010
- Alex Gajic Tabbed with All-Rookie Honors - Colorado Mammoth
- Josh Sanderson Named First Team All-Pro - Calgary Roughnecks
- Orlando's Casey Powell Named MVP - Orlando Titans
- Stephan Leblanc Named NLL Rookie of the Year - Toronto Rock
- Merrill Named to NLL All-Pro Team - Edmonton Rush
- Chris Corbeil Named to NLL All-Rookie Team - Buffalo Bandits
- Titans' Powell Named 2010 Reebok Most Valuable Player - NLL
- 2010 National Lacrosse League All-Pro Teams Announced - NLL
- Rock's Stephan Leblanc Named 2010 Rookie of the Year - NLL
- NLL Champions Cup Available On Friday - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Mammoth, Citizens of the Loud House Support Local, Impactful Non-Profits
- Colorado Mammoth Fundamentals of Lacrosse Virtual Event
- Denver Voters Can Vote at Ball Arena in November General Election
- Ball Corporation and Kroenke Sports & Entertainment Announce Global Partnership to Advance Sustainability in Sports and Entertainment
- Kroenke Sports Charities Celebrating Halloween with Special Olympics Fundraiser