NLL Champions Cup Available On Friday
May 13, 2010 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) News Release
The National Lacrosse League Champion's Cup Trophy will be making its first-ever trip to Washington this weekend, and will be awarded to the winner of Saturday night's NLL Championship Game between the Washington Stealth (13-5) and Toronto Rock (11-7).
The Cup will arrive in the area on Thursday evening, landing at SEATAC at 10:10pm on Delta Flight 95 from New York to Seattle, accompanied by staff members from the League Office. The Champion's Cup is availble for photo opps when it arrives on Thursday night, and is available for TV and radio station apperances all day on Friday throughout the greater Seattle area. The Cup is about 3 1/2 feet tall, and is the lacrosse version of Lord Stanley's Cup, the top prize in the NHL.
Members of the league staff would be happy to drive the Cup to local TV or radio stations for media appearances on Friday and the first half of Saturday. For more information, please contact Doug Fritts (917-710-8730, email@example.com) or Justin Rubino (201-694-5344, firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from May 13, 2010
- Alex Gajic Tabbed with All-Rookie Honors - Colorado Mammoth
- Josh Sanderson Named First Team All-Pro - Calgary Roughnecks
- Orlando's Casey Powell Named MVP - Orlando Titans
- Stephan Leblanc Named NLL Rookie of the Year - Toronto Rock
- Merrill Named to NLL All-Pro Team - Edmonton Rush
- Chris Corbeil Named to NLL All-Rookie Team - Buffalo Bandits
- Titans' Powell Named 2010 Reebok Most Valuable Player - NLL
- 2010 National Lacrosse League All-Pro Teams Announced - NLL
- Rock's Stephan Leblanc Named 2010 Rookie of the Year - NLL
- NLL Champions Cup Available On Friday - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.