Albany Forward Breaks Assists Record
SANDERSON BREAKS ASSISTS RECORD
Attack forward dishes out his 65th Assist of the Season
(Albany, NY)--Albany Attack forward Josh Sanderson has set a new League record for assists in a single season. In the first quarter of tonight's game vs. the Montreal Express, Sanderson assisted Jamie Grimoldby on Albany's second goal of the game, putting the Attack up by a score of 2-1 in the first quarter.
The previous assists record was held by Buffalo Bandits forward John Tavares, who dished out 64 assists last season. Tavares still holds the record for most assists in a 14-game season. The 2001-2002 regular season consists of each team playing 16 games.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 24, 2002
- Paul Gait wins scoring title - NLL
- Storm conquers Rebel in overtime - New Jersey Storm
- Wings Host Washington In Playoffs At First Union Center On March 30 - Philadelphia Wings
- Playoff Schedule Now Set - NLL
- Albany Forward Breaks Assists Record - Albany Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.