Alanna Smith Undergoes Successful Surgery
PHOENIX - Mercury forward Alanna Smith underwent successful surgery yesterday, August 23, on her right ankle and will miss the remainder of the season. Recovery time for the surgery is expected to be three months.
After coming within one win of trip to the WNBA Finals, the Phoenix Mercury return in 2019 in search of a league-record tying fourth WNBA title. Led by the All-Star trio of Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and DeWanna Bonner, Phoenix looks to continue its title quest on August 25 against Chicago. Tickets for the Mercury's next home game on Wednesday, August 25 against the Chicago Sky, and the remaining three home games, at Talking Stick Resort Arena can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 24, 2019
- Aces Continue Battle for Playoff Position with Sunday Meeting at Minnesota - Las Vegas Aces
- Alanna Smith Undergoes Successful Surgery - Phoenix Mercury
- Chicago Ends Washington's Winning Streak and First-Place Standing with 85-78 Victory - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Mercury Stories
- Phoenix Mercury Add Chasity Melvin as Assistant Coach
- Statement from the Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury
- Phoenix Mercury Narrow 2020 Roster to 11 Players
- Mercury Welcomes Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Two Draft Picks to Phoenix on Draft Night
- WNBA Twitch Takeover Tomorrow