AirHogs Feeling 'Extra' Lucky in Win Over Amarillo
Grand Prairie- Game 2 was almost a mirror image of Game 1 as the AirHogs pulled off another victory in extra innings beating the Amarillo Sox 3-2 Tuesday night at QuikTrip Park. The win puts Grand Prairie one game back from the lead in the South Division of the American Association. Brandon Pinckney was 1-for-6 in the ball game but his one hit was a big one. Coming to the plate in the bottom of the 12th inning with bases loaded and two outs Pinckney hit a game-winning single to centerfield that scored Yasutsugu Nishimoto, who went 1-for-4 in the game. Both Andres Rodriguez and Ryan Pineda went 2-for-4. Rodriguez also picked up an RBI. Chad Mozingo went 1-for-3 scoring once and driving in a run.
Starting the game for the AirHogs was Gabriel Garcia who allowed two runs on seven hits through 5.1 innings of work. Garcia struck out two of the Sox batters he faced. After that his relief team kept the Amarillo Sox scoreless. New pitcher Stephen Nikonchik went 1.2 innings, David Quinowski and Patrick Mincey went one inning each, and Jakob Cunnigham had a big two innings. Receiving the win was Boomer Potts (2-0) who pitched the top of the 12th and struck out two of the three batters he faced.
The Grand Prairie AirHogs and Amarillo Sox will wrap up a three-game series Wednesday night at QuikTrip Park at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 6, 2013
- Parise Deals, Gac and Forgatch Provide Muscle in 'Dogs Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Irvine's Stellar Performance Tames RailCats - Kansas City T-Bones
- Salamida Stellar, 'Eyes Down Xs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Feeling 'Extra' Lucky in Win Over Amarillo - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- T-Bones End RailCats Win Streak - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- RailCats Activate Fronk - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Homestand Highlights: August 6-11 - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints and Central Bank To Honor Larry Doby, First African American In American League - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Roundup - August 6 - AA
- Ammirati Becomes 111th Saints Player To Have His Contract Purchased - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Clinch Fifth Winning Season for Hooper - Wichita Wingnuts
- Canaries, Sioux Falls Stadium host State Am Tourney - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Richard Salazar Named American Association Pitcher of the Week - Sioux City Explorers
- 1st Annual Prostate in the Park Night With Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Saltdogs Announce Upcoming Promotions - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 6th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Cowan Strong in Relief for the Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs