Addison, Cozens Named to Team Canada Selection Camp
LETHBRIDGE, AB - Hockey Canada announced their 31-player roster for Canada's National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp today and Lethbridge Hurricanes players Calen Addison and Dylan Cozens were named to the roster.
Addison, 19, will compete for a spot on Team Canada for the second straight year after being invited to the selection camp last season. Addison, who is a second round draft pick (53rd overall) of the Pittsburgh Penguins, had collected 26 points (7g-19a) along with a plus-6 rating and 26 penalty minutes in 27 games this season for the Hurricanes. The Brandon, Manitoba product sits second in the entire Western Hockey League in points by a defenseman.
The Brandon, Manitoba product has represented Canada at both the U-17 and U-18 levels. Addison helped Canada capture a gold medal at the 2018 Hlinka Gretzky Cup where he collected six points in five games for Canada. He represented Team WHL at the CIBC Canada Russia Series in November where he registered two points, including an overtime winning goal in Saskatoon.
Cozens, 18, was selected seventh overall in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres. He was racked up 40 points (18g-22a) with a plus-18 rating and 18 penalty minutes in just 26 game since being reassigned by Buffalo. Cozens currently sits third in the entire WHL in scoring.
The Whitehorse, Yukon product has also represented Canada at the U-17 and U-18 levels. Cozens helped Canada capture gold at the 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup in Edmonton where he totaled five points (2g-3a) in five games. He also appeared in seven games registering nine points (4g-5a) while serving as an Alternate Captain for Canada at the 2019 World Under-18 Hockey Championships.
A total of eight WHL players were named to the selection camp that will take place in Oakville, Ontario from December 9th until the 12th .
The Hurricanes return to action Tuesday as they visit the Medicine Hat Tigers in the first of four games this week. The 'Canes host the Everett Silvertips on Wednesday on Ladies Night before welcoming the Tigers Friday in the Canadian Tire Toque and Teddy Toss at the ENMAX Centre. Tickets available by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328), online at www.enmaxcentre.ca or in person at the ENMAX Centre or Yates Memorial Theatre Box Offices.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2019
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Addison, Cozens Named to Team Canada Selection Camp - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Jonas Peterek and Egor Zamula Invited to World Junior Selection Camps - Calgary Hitmen
- Blades Start Four Game Home-Stand Before Christmas - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets acquire pick from Moose Jaw for Cayde Augustine - Kelowna Rockets
- Hofer to Attend Hockey Canada's Selection Camp - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Sends Eight Players to Canada's National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp - WHL
- Details Announced for 680 CJOB Game Night Presented by Corus Entertainment - Winnipeg Ice
- Braden Schneider Invited to 2020 IIHF World Junior Selection Camp - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Ty Smith Receives Invite to Canada's WJC Selection Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Bowen Byram Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets captain Nolan Foote named to Hockey Canada's 2020 World Junior selection camp - Kelowna Rockets
- Edmonton Oil Kings Unveil 2019 Teddy Bear Toss Jerseys - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Reinhardt Named WHL Player of the Week - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets Basran named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - Kelowna Rockets
- Rockets' Basran Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Wheat Kings' Reinhardt Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Annual Teddy Bear & Toque Toss Is Coming - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rebels Roar Back from Two-Goal Deficit to Post Win over Host Hitmen - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.