Aces win 14-6
Alexandria, La. - After hitting just .199 in their last five games, the Alexandria Aces exploded to a 14-6 win Saturday night at Bringhurst Field over the first-place Amarillo Dillas. Palmer Karr Jr. was the star of the show as he hit two home runs and drove in five in the game. The Aces fell behind early as the Dillas scored six in the second inning to take a 6-1 lead. Joel Gonzalez hit a two-run double and Jonathan Reynoso and Danny Bravo each hit two-run homers in the inning. After Karr hit a run-scoring single in the third, the Aces took the lead with a five-run fourth and never looked back. Patrick O'Sullivan hit his league-leading 12th homer of the year, a two-run shot, and Karr followed going back-to-back to cap off the inning. In the seventh, with two out, Karr hit his second homer of the game. This time it was a three-run home run to end the Aces' four-run seventh. Karr finished the day 3-3 with two homers and five RBI. Luis Guance also hit a homer; a two-run blast in the fifth. The Aces were unhittable after the second. Starter Ramon Portillo and relievers Charlie Foster, Juan Carlos Ovalles and Alejandro Martinez combined for seven innings, six hits, no runs and two strikeouts from the third inning on. The Aces continue their three-game series with the Dillas Sunday as Wayne Hedden goes for the Aces against the Dillas' Marcos Castillo. Game time is scheduled for 5:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 14, 2008
- Coyotes take opener 12-5, Colts lose third straight - San Angelo Colts
- Aces win 14-6 - Alexandria Aces
- Bergstrom Steals Home Run to Save Game, 8-6 - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos Rally Falls Short in 8-6 Loss To Harlingen - Laredo Broncos
- Coyotes Flex Their Muscles, 12-5 - Edinburg Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th