Aces swept by Coyotes
Edinburg, Texas - August 7, 2008 - The Edinburg Coyotes pulled off a three-game sweep of the Alexandria Aces Thursday at Edinburg Baseball Stadium. The Coyotes won 8-1, thanks in large part to a five-run first inning. The Coyotes, with one out had Alex Entrekin was hit by a pitch. After a Gary Roche double moved Entrekin to third, Argelis Nunez singled home Entrekin for the first Coyotes run. With runners on first and third, the Coyotes scored again on a passed ball by catcher Jose Umbria. Eric Gonzalez then walked putting runners on first and second. A groundout moved runners to second and third where Brandon McConnell delivered a two-run single. McConnell came around and scored on a single by Robert Matlock to finish the five-run first inning. Coyotes starter Miguel Martinez had his best outing of the year Thursday. He pitched his first complete game of the year, striking out seven in the process. The Aces scored their only run of the game in the third. With one out, Bryan Sabatella walked and stole his league-leading 35th base. Two batters later, Selwyn Langaigne doubled home Sabatella for the lone Aces run. The Aces will travel home to Alexandria to face the San Angelo Colts for a three-game series starting Friday. Chad Linder will throw for the Aces against the Colts' Game time is 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Friday August 8th vs. San Angelo. Smokey Bear Night with Team Sets/Kids Run the Bases.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 7, 2008
- Coyotes Sweep Aces - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Broncos snap skid with win over Dillas - Laredo Broncos
- Belew comes through to give Colts series win - San Angelo Colts
- Aces swept by Coyotes - Alexandria Aces
- WhiteWings Play More Long Ball in Loss - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th