Aces sneak past WhiteWings
Harlingen, Texas - June 17, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces stole a win from the Harlingen WhiteWings as they won 7-6 by scoring three runs in the bottom of the ninth at Harlingen Field Tuesday. Down 6-3 entering the ninth, Harlingen closer Bryan Daly came into the game to close it out. Daly entered the game with an ERA over 21.00 against the Aces. The Aces did not lower his ERA. Bryan Sabatella led off the inning with an infield single to third. Then, Luis Guance singled to right to put runners on first and second. Selwyn Langaigne followed with an RBI single to right to put the Aces within one. Patrick O'Sullivan added a fourth-straight single as Guance scored to tie the game. Palmer Karr Jr. gave the Aces the lead by hitting a sacrifice fly to center, scoring Langaigne. Juan Carlos Ovalles came out to pitch the ninth for the Aces clinging to a one-run lead. Kevin Griffin led off with a single to right. After Brian Nichols struck out, Ryan Fox walked putting the tying and winning runs on base. With one out, Ovalles struck out Argelis Nunez and Aces catcher Eddie Fitzpatrick picked off Fox at first to end the game. The Aces and WhiteWings continue their series Tuesday as Chad Linder for the Aces goes against the Wings' Alex Gett. Game time is 7:05 PM
Next home game: Monday June 23rd vs. San Angelo. Ladies Night. Women get two-for-one admission.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 17, 2008
- Coyotes Comeback In the Ninth - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts upend Broncos - San Angelo Colts
- Aces sneak past WhiteWings - Alexandria Aces
- Aces rally to knock off WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos can't take advantage of opportunities in loss - Laredo Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th