Aces Set Sights on Fourth Straight Win Wednesday with 9 AM PT Tip at Indiana
INDIANAPOLIS, IN - The Las Vegas Aces (9-5) have won three straight games and five of their last six, as they find themselves within a half game of the front-running Washington Mystics heading into Wednesday's 9 am PT tip at Indiana (6-9).
The Mystics (9-4) and Sun (9-5) also play Wednesday with Connecticut taking on Atlanta at 8 am PT, and Washington hosting Phoenix at 8:30 am.
The Aces are coming off of a, 90-58, victory at New York which was the team's second largest road win in franchise history. Kayla McBride scored 24 points in the game to lead all scorers, while Liz Cambage added 21 en route to the Associated Press Player of the Week Award.
A'ja Wilson continues to pace the Aces offense, leading a quartet of double-digit scorers at 16.7 points per game. Cambage and McBride are tied at 15.4 points per game, while Sixth-Woman of the Year candidate Dearica Hamby averages 10.6 per game.
Defensively, Las Vegas continues to pace the W in defensive efficiency, opponent field goal percentage, adjusted opponent field goal percentage, and defensive rebound percentage. The team's opponent field goal percentage of .385 would be the fourth lowest in league history should the team maintain it throughout the remainder of the regular season.
Indiana snapped a four-game losing streak, Friday, in a 20-point win over the Dallas Wings. Five members of the Fever are averaging double-digit scoring led by Kelsey Mitchell's 14.6 points per game. Indiana has its own super-sub in the form of Tiffany Mitchell who averages 10.2 points per game.
The Fever have the second-best offense in the W behind the Mystics, averaging 100.6 points per 100 possessions. They rank in the top five in the league in effective field goal percentage, offensive rebound percentage and turnover percentage.
Indiana is last defensively, however, allowing 101.5 points per 100 possessions. The Fever are second to last in defensive rebound percentage, and free throw rate.
Las Vegas has won seven straight against Indiana, including a 102-97 overtime thriller at the Mandalay Bay Events Center back on June 29. Wilson scored a WNBA season-high and career-high 39 points in the win, while Cambage tied a WNBA record scoring 12 point son the overtime period.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 9, 2019
- Aces Set Sights on Fourth Straight Win Wednesday with 9 AM PT Tip at Indiana - Las Vegas Aces
- Thornton's 17 Points Will Wings by Sparks - Dallas Wings
- Limited Seats Available for Wednesday Afternoon Kids Day vs. Las Vegas - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces and Mystics Square off with First Place on the Line, Saturday, at 4 PM PT.
- Las Vegas Aces Move into First Place With, 74-71, Win over Indiana
- Aces Set Sights on Fourth Straight Win Wednesday with 9 AM PT Tip at Indiana
- Las Vegas Aces Move into Second-Place Tie With, 90-58, Win over New York
- Aces Travel to New York for 12 PM PT Tip Sunday