Aces Roll, 8-3
San Angelo, TX Tuesday July 31, 2007- The Alexandria Aces got a strong pitching performance from Luis Galarraga and defeated the San Angelo Colts by the score of 8-3 in front of 1,804 at Foster Field.
Luis Galarraga worked 6.1 innings, allowing three runs on six hits, while walking one and striking out six. Galarraga (7-3) qualified for a quality start with his performance tonight. Galarraga threw 93 pitches, 61 for strikes. Adam Frey worked .2 of an inning a hit and striking out one. Juan Carlos Ovalles a perfect eighth inning striking out the side. Charlie Foster worked a scoreless ninth to preserve the win for the Aces.
Richard Paz was 3-for-4 with three runs scored to lead the 10 hit Aces attack. Josh Tranum added a multiple hit game with a 2-for-4 night with a run batted in. Palmer Karr, Tyrone Pendergrass, Selwyn Langaigne, Luis Guance, and Kevin MacIlvane all added hits for Alexandria.
Colts starter Darryl Roque (2-7) took the loss working 6.0 inning, allowing four runs (two earned) on seven hits, while walking two and striking out four. Matt Greanead, Neomar Flores, and Ryan Mulle all worked in relief allowing a combined three hits, while walking four and allowing four runs only one of which was earnes as the Colts defense made five errors on the night.
Jose Torres was 2-for-3 with two runs batted in, including a solo homerun in the third inning. The Colts managed only six hits off tof Aces pitching tonight.
The win improves the Aces overall record to 49-28 and 22-6 in the second half, with a seven game lead over Amarillo as the lost to Rio Grande tonight.
The loss drops the Colts to 36-42 overall and 14-14 in the second half, eight games behind the league leading Aces. Tomorrow's Probable Starters: ALX-- Frank James SAN-- Matt Duff
Next home game: Friday August 3, 2007. Burger King Mug Night
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 31, 2007
- Errors cost Colts, Aces win 8-3 - San Angelo Colts
- Aces Roll, 8-3 - Alexandria Aces
- Comeback Comes Up Short as Dillas Fall - Amarillo Dillas
- WhiteWings Squeak by Dillas - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Colts shortstop Eric Harryman signed by Detroit Tigers - San Angelo Colts
- Colts receive Donahoo from Amarillo for Jordan - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th