First pitch from Greater Nevada Field is slated for 6:35 p.m. PT.
- The Aces set a franchise record with four triples in last night's 10-8 loss to Salt Lake.
- Drew Ellis reached base safely in his last 24 games with the Aces since July 10, when he launched a solo shot out of the ballpark in the seventh. It also marked the third-straight month with the Aces that Ellis has recorded at least six home runs. Since his return on Sept. 10, the Aces' third baseman is slashing .333/.442/.861 with four doubles, five home runs, 14 RBIs and 13 runs scored.
- Alek Thomas continued to prove why he is ranked the No. 3 prospect in the Diamondbacks organization with a 4-for-6 showing. During his six-game hitting stretch, the 21-year-old has put forth a .500/.548/1.179 slash line with five RBIs and eight runs scored. The No. 3-rated prospect became the second player this season to record two triples in a game, matching Ben DeLuzio's pair on May 15 against Las Vegas. With his triple in the sixth, Thomas recorded his fifth-straight and 16th multi-hit contest with the Aces.
- Cooper Hummel heads into Tuesday's contest with a hit in nine consecutive contests following his 1-for-4 performance with a triple and an RBI. During his nine-game stretch, the Aces' utilityman is slashing .514/.556/.838 with 12 RBIs and 11 runs on 19 hits. In 15 appearances this month, Hummel has put forth a .482/.522/.821 slash line with a triple, four homers, five doubles, 20 RBIs and 18 runs scored.
- Junior Garcia set a new season-high for strikeouts by a reliever with six punchouts, surpassing Brandyn Sittinger's mark of five on June 24.
- Juniel Querecuto earned Triple-A West Player of the Week by MiLB.com after a stellar week at the dish. Since Sept. 13, the veteran infielder put forth a 12-for-26 showing with a .462/.500/.846 slash line. He registered a pair of doubles, two home runs, 10 RBIs and 10 runs scored in his six starts.
- The 29-year-old increased his hitting streak to a season-high 13 contests, his run-scoring stretch to six games and his RBI streak to four contests with a 2-for-4 performance with a tally and one RBI. Over the last 13-game stretch, the Aces' top hitter is slashing .423/.475/.769 while going 22-for-52 with nine extra-base hits, 16 RBIs and 17 runs scored.
- In his 13 starts since Sept. 6, Querecuto has recorded eight multi-hit games, including a current six-contest streak. He also has registered four games with two or more RBIs and five multi-run contests. The reigning Triple-A Player of the Week also rides a three-game tally streak into tonight's matchup.
- Querecuto, with the Aces alone, has recorded 295 base knocks in his three seasons, ranking seventh all-time behind Mike Freeman with 301. The Aces' infielder reached 900 hits in his MiLB career and 100 extra-base hits in Triple-A with his performance on Saturday. With six more base knocks, he will reach the 400-hit plateau in MiLB's highest level.
Wanna be Startin' Something:
- Riley Smith will make his first start in Reno since Aug. 16 after missing significant time on the injured list. He has made just two appearances for the Aces this season, holding a 0-0 record with an 8.22 ERA in 7.2 combined innings of work.
- Davis Daniel will face Reno for the second time this series and just his third career start in Triple-A. The Aces chased the right-hander in the fifth inning of Thursday's game after surrendering seven runs on 10 hits in 4.2 frames.
Rock With You:
- Ryan Weiss picked up his fourth win with the Aces on Friday after hurling two scoreless innings of work with four strikeouts. The right-hander has put forth a stellar 10-game stretch, boasting a 1.76 ERA while allowing just three runs on 10 hits with 22 punchouts. The opposition is batting .189 over 15.1 innings of work against Weiss.
- Jesus Liranzo tossed his third-straight blank performance out of the bullpen with a two-inning save on Saturday. His scoreless outing marks the 10th scoreless relief appearance since Aug. 1. In his 13 outings since the start of August, the Aces' reliever has registered 20 strikeouts and a 1.98 ERA in 13.2 innings of work. Liranzo reached 300 career frames with his performance on Saturday.
- Taylor Clarke has looked sharp in his six appearances with Reno this season, striking out six batters and allowing just one unearned run on four hits in six innings of work. The Aces' reliever has held his opponent to a .222 batting average over the six-game stretch.
Take On Me:
- Reno leads all of professional baseball with a .294 batting average, .518 slugging percentage, .891 on-base plus slugging percentage and 831 runs scored. The team from Northern Nevada is one of two MiLB teams with at least 800 tallies (Rancho Cucamonga, 810). The Biggest Little City's squad has recorded a MiLB-leading 1215 hits, leading Las Vegas by 61 hits (1154). The Aces are tied or out-hitting 18 of the 32 MLB teams (8 AL, 10 NL), including Arizona, in 30 fewer games.
- Blake Lalli's club paces Triple-A with a .313/.393/.540 slash line, 293 runs scored, 414 hits, 64 home runs, 78 doubles and 15 triples after the sixth frame.
- The Aces have mounted 21 comebacks this season, boasting a 14-7 record in contests it erases a deficit of three or more runs to tie the game.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 21, 2021
- Aces Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Rally in Eighth to Pass Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- ¡Lotería Chihuahuas Unveil GECU Bark at the Park Jerseys - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Round Rock Drops 3-1 Heartbreaker to Oklahoma City in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Skeeters and Regions Bank Award Contributions, Host Bicycle Donations - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Aviators Host Oklahoma City Dodgers in Final Homestand of the Season - Las Vegas Aviators
- Walding Homers for Third Straight Day in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charities; Aviators Partner with YMCA of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas Aviators
- Round Rock Express Join "Homers That Help" Campaign - Round Rock Express
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charities - AAA West
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 21, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Costly error leads to four-run inning for Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Set Franchise Record with Four Triples in Loss to Salt Lake - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Aces to Make Toy Donations to Seven Charities Ahead of Holiday Season
- Aces Unveil Six Internal Promotions to Vice President, Director
- Cooper Hummel Named Triple-A West Player of the Month for September
- Aces Third Baseman Drew Ellis Named Triple-A West All Star
- Ellis, Aguilar, Heath and Beer Earn 2021 HOME Awards