Aces Set Franchise Record with Four Triples in Loss to Salt Lake
RENO, Nev. - The Reno Aces battled back from an early deficit, but weren't able to complete the comeback against the Salt Lake Bees tonight and fell 10-8. The Aces slugged four triples in the contest, setting a new franchise record.
Salt Lake had a big start to the game, scoring six in the first before adding two in the second for an early 8-0 lead.
Reno broke through in the fourth, after a leadoff triple from Andrew Young and an RBI single from Juniel Querecuto to make it an 8-1 game. The hit extended his hitting streak to 13 straight games, and made it four straight games with an RBI.
The Bees quickly answered, scoring in the top of the fifth to make it 9-1.
Young was involved in more scoring in the fifth, roping a bases-loaded double into the left field corner to clear the bases and make it a 9-4 game.
In the sixth, Alek Thomas tripled down the right field line for Reno's second triple of the night.
Drew Ellis hit a solo shot in the bottom of the seventh, cutting the deficit to 9-5.
Salt Lake scored again in the top of the eighth to make it a five-run lead.
Reno answered again in the eighth to make it 10-6, after back-to-ack triples from Thomas and Cooper Hummel.
The Aces put two runs up in the bottom of the ninth to make it a 10-8 final. Stuart Fairchild singled home Querecuto, before coming around to score himself on a Thomas single.
The six-game series wraps up tomorrow. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m. PT, and tickets are available at RenoAces.com or by texting TIXX to 21003. The game can be heard on KPLY 630AM or on RenoAces.com with Zack Bayrouty on the call.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 21, 2021
- Aces Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Rally in Eighth to Pass Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- ¡Lotería Chihuahuas Unveil GECU Bark at the Park Jerseys - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Round Rock Drops 3-1 Heartbreaker to Oklahoma City in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Skeeters and Regions Bank Award Contributions, Host Bicycle Donations - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Aviators Host Oklahoma City Dodgers in Final Homestand of the Season - Las Vegas Aviators
- Walding Homers for Third Straight Day in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charities; Aviators Partner with YMCA of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas Aviators
- Round Rock Express Join "Homers That Help" Campaign - Round Rock Express
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charities - AAA West
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 21, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Costly error leads to four-run inning for Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Set Franchise Record with Four Triples in Loss to Salt Lake - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Cooper Hummel Named Triple-A West Player of the Month for September
- Aces Third Baseman Drew Ellis Named Triple-A West All Star
- Ellis, Aguilar, Heath and Beer Earn 2021 HOME Awards
- COVID-19 Protocols Cancel Reno Aces Season Finale
- Tonight's Aces game against Las Vegas canceled