Walding Homers for Third Straight Day in Bees Win
The Salt Lake Bees jumped out to an 8-0 lead in the second inning, but had to hang on in the ninth for a 10-8 win over the Reno Aces on Monday night. The Bees started out quickly in the first by scoring six runs six batters into the game. Taylor Ward, Michael Stefanic and Matt Thaiss opened up the inning with three straight singles for a 1-0 lead. Chad Wallach walked to load the bases and Brendon Davis followed with a two run double down the left field line. Mitch Walding closed out the scoring with a three run homer, his third roundtripper of the series. He would drive in two more runs in the second with a single to give Salt Lake an 8-0 lead.
Reno would chip away and pull to within two in the ninth and had the potential winning run at the plate with two outs, but Bees pitcher Tim Peterson got Cooper Hummel to fly out to center to end the game. Jake Buchanan (2-4) picked up the win, as he allowed just one run in two innings with four strikeouts. Michael Stefanic had three hits to up his league leading average to .349. Davis' first inning double extended his hitting streak to ten games and with his first inning RBI, Thaiss has now driven in a run in five straight games.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 21, 2021
- Aces Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Rally in Eighth to Pass Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- ¡Lotería Chihuahuas Unveil GECU Bark at the Park Jerseys - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Round Rock Drops 3-1 Heartbreaker to Oklahoma City in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Skeeters and Regions Bank Award Contributions, Host Bicycle Donations - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Aviators Host Oklahoma City Dodgers in Final Homestand of the Season - Las Vegas Aviators
- Walding Homers for Third Straight Day in Bees Win - Salt Lake Bees
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charities; Aviators Partner with YMCA of Southern Nevada - Las Vegas Aviators
- Round Rock Express Join "Homers That Help" Campaign - Round Rock Express
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charities - AAA West
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 21, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Costly error leads to four-run inning for Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Set Franchise Record with Four Triples in Loss to Salt Lake - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.