Aces make early lead stand up
Laredo, Texas - July 28, 2008 - Alexandria Aces starter Alexis Sosa led the Aces over the Laredo Broncos with seven strong innings, winning 10-6 Monday night at Veterans Field. The left-hander went seven innings and gave up two runs, one earned, to earn his eighth win of the year. Sosa struck out seven, one in each inning of work, and walked two. Errors were a main factor in the Broncos losing Monday. In the fourth, with the Aces leading 3-1, the Aces scored five runs with only one run being earned. Rafael Ozuna led off the inning with a single. Then, Ozuna when stealing second, went to third on a throwing error on catcher Luany Sanchez. Three batters later, Homy Ovalles hit a groundball to first. Johnny Lopez threw wide to second base to try to force out Madison Edwards for the second error, allowing Ozuna to score. Two batters later, Blake Butler hit a foul ball that was dropped by Sanchez extending Butler's at bat, which ended in a walk to load the bases. Luis Guance followed with a two-run single. RBI singles by Selwyn Langaigne and Bryan Sabatella ended the inning with the Aces leading 8-1. Guance hit a three-run homer in the third. Guance's ninth home run gave the Aces a 3-0 lead. Ovalles added his fifth homer of the year, a solo shot, in the seventh. The Aces and Broncos finish their three-game series Tuesday as Chad Linder takes the mound for the Aces against Richard Bartlett. Game time is 7:35 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 28, 2008
- Gonzalez comes through in a pinch, Colts walk off with win - San Angelo Colts
- Aces make early lead stand up - Alexandria Aces
- WhiteWings rally, but ultimately falter - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos falter against Aces - Laredo Broncos
- Rain ruins Coyotes date with Dillas - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Dillas rained out on Monday - Amarillo Dillas
- Hurricane Dolly Won't Stop America's Favorite Past Time - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- WTU Retail Energy Welcomes Fans with Free Entry into Colts Game - ULB
- Aces Announce U.S. Armed Forces Night - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th