Aces Fall to Colts, 5-1
Alexandria, LA Tuesday August 14, 2007- The Aces lost game two of the series with the San Angelo Colts by the score of 5-1 in front of 967 fans at bringhurst Filed, one night after clinching the second half playoff spot.
Luke Massetti (8-4) worked 7.0 strong innings, allowing one run on eight hits, while walking one and striking out five. Massetti allowed a solo home run to Tyrone Pendergrass to lead off the game, and then settled quite nicely the rest of the way. Taylor Fleming worked .2 of an inning in relief, allowing a walk and a hit while facing four batters. Chase Vacek worked the final 1.1 innings to record his 9th save of the season.
Jason Crosland and Josh Allan added multiple hit games for the Colts, both going 2-for-4. Allan had three runs driven and a run scored to lead the 10 hit Colts attack. Ronnie Gaines added a rbi single as well.
Aces starter Josue Matos (0-1) did not get out of the fourth inning, working 3.2 innings, allowing four runs on six hits, while walking none and striking out two. Walt Nolen worked a scoreless 2.1 innings of relief, allowing one run (none earned) on three hits, and fanning two. Charlie Foster worked struke out the side in the seventh in his lone inning of work. Juan Carlos Ovalles pitched the final 2.0 innings in scoreless fashion as well, allowing only one hit and fanning five. The Aces bullpen combined for 5.1 innings, one run (not earned) on four hits, while striking out 10 and not walking a batter.
Tyrone Pendergrass lead the Aces with a 3-for-4 night, with a solo home run in the first inning. Luis Guance, Josh Tranum, Palmer Karr, Bryan Sabatella, Evan Cherry, and Wilson Burwell all added hits for the Aces.
With the loss the Aces drop to 58-33 overall and 31-11 in the second half.
The win improves the Colts to 42-49 overall and 20-21 in the second half.
Tomorrow's Probable Starters: ALX-- Frank James SAN-- Caleb Rogers
Next home game:Wednesday August 15, 2007. Kisatchie Forest, Town talk and Smokey Bear Baseball Card Night
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 14, 2007
- Colts Snap Three-Game Losing Skid with 5-1 Win - San Angelo Colts
- Aces Fall to Colts, 5-1 - Alexandria Aces
- Myers, Wenger Take Care of Broncos - Amarillo Dillas
- WhiteWings Rally Past Coyotes - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- WhiteWings Doubleheader Changed to Single Game - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- WhiteWings To Face Aces In ULB Championship Series - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Low-scoring game ends up with Broncos up 4-2 over Dillas - Amarillo Dillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th