4ATX Foundation, Boingo Announce Start of Mini-Pitch Installation in Austin's Montopolis Neighborhood
Austin, TEXAS - 4ATX Foundation, the nonprofit arm of Austin FC, and Austin FC connectivity partner Boingo Wireless announced on Monday that installation has begun on a soccer mini-pitch at Civitan Neighborhood Park.
The two organizations have teamed up with U.S. Soccer Foundation and the Austin Parks and Recreation Department to transform an under-used space at the park into a brand-new, state-of-the-art mini-pitch presented by Boingo, which provides wireless service at Q2 Stadium to power the Austin FC mobile fan experience.
"We're thrilled to partner with Boingo, the U.S. Soccer Foundation, and Austin Parks and Recreation to create a space where young people and families can gather and make connections through soccer," said 4ATX Foundation Executive Director Kaitlin Swarts. "This mini-pitch will be a shared community space for years to come in the Montopolis neighborhood, and we look forward to it opening in the near future."
"Boingo is proud to support the Austin community with a new gathering space that empowers youth to get active and have fun," said Boingo Vice President of Business Development Justin Bushee. "Staying connected to our local communities and investing in the future are important roles we play at Boingo, and we're excited to give back through this new project with the U.S. Soccer Foundation and Austin Parks and Recreation. From families to kids to future Austin FC stars, we hope everyone enjoys their new neighborhood mini-pitch."
Located in the Montopolis neighborhood of southeast Austin, the mini-pitch will provide local families and residents with free and safe recreation space to gather, play soccer, and stay active and healthy. Installation of the mini-pitch began on November 8 and is expected to be completed by early December.
"Austin Parks and Recreation is thrilled to be collaborating with Austin FC to bring a new amenity to the neighborhood for community to gather and play," said Austin Parks and Recreation Director Kimberly McNeeley. "We are very excited Austin FC and 4ATX Foundation have partnered with the Department through the community PARKNERSHIPS program, and we look forward to growing soccer opportunities for the community to enjoy in the future."
"We are excited team up again with 4ATX Foundation and Austin Parks and Recreation Department to create another mini-pitch in the area," said Ed Foster-Simeon, President & CEO of the U.S. Soccer Foundation. "This new safe place to play will ensure that children in underserved communities can reap the positive social, emotional, and health outcomes that come with being involved in our game."
The Civitan Park mini-pitch marks the third mini-pitch in the greater Austin area that 4ATX Foundation has helped install in partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation, joining the Wooldridge Park mini-pitch opened in north Austin in October 2020 and the Dove Springs Recreation Center futsal court opened in southeast Austin in November 2019. Click here to download imagery of the Wooldridge Park mini-pitch (all photos should be attributed to Austin FC).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 16, 2021
- Austin FC Head Coach Josh Wolff Named a Finalist for National Soccer Hall of Fame Class of 2022 - Austin FC
- Pablo Mastroeni Named to Final Ballot for the National Soccer Hall of Fame Class of 2022 - Colorado Rapids
- National Soccer Hall of Fame Announces Final Ballots for Election to 2022 Class - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 16, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Shalrie Joseph and Clint Dempsey Named Finalists for National Soccer Hall of Fame Class of 2022 - New England Revolution
- CSO and Sporting Director Henderson Emphasizes Consistency, Culture and Improved Processes Ahead of Busy Offseason - Inter Miami CF
- Ground Broken on Rebuild Project at Capitolo Playground Fields - Philadelphia Union
- Members to Vote for Club's Individual Player Awards - Club de Foot Montreal
- Keys to the Match: Make Some Noise - New York City FC
- Help Fight Hunger in Colorado by Attending the Thanksgiving Day Playoff Match - Colorado Rapids
- The Pitch: 18-Year-Old MLS Academy Product Has U.S. Primed for Jamaica - MLS
- 4ATX Foundation, Boingo Announce Start of Mini-Pitch Installation in Austin's Montopolis Neighborhood - Austin FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Recap: November 13-14 - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls - Philadelphia Union Match Picked up Regionally by MSG Networks - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United's Rob Valentino Signs Multiyear Contract as Assistant Coach - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Celebrate Annual Season of Giving Presented by Target with a Full Month of Community Service - Los Angeles FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Announces Time Change for May 29 Away Match against LA Galaxy
- Sebastián Driussi Named to MLS Team of the Week
- Djitté Scores Late as Austin FC Comes Back to Earn Draw vs. Orlando City SC
- Stuver, Gabrielsen, Driussi, Josh Wolff Earn MLS Team of the Week Honors
- Austin FC Beats LAFC 2-1 to Reclaim Top Spot in MLS Standings