3B Josh Jung, RHP Chase Lee Earn Rangers Minor League Awards for August
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The Texas Rangers announced the organization's minor league award winners for August on Monday afternoon and former Express 3B Josh Jung was named Player of the Month while RHP Chase Lee was named the Reliever of the Month.
Jung missed the start of the season after surgery to a repair a torn labrum. Following a rehab assignment with the Arizona League Rangers (Rookie), he made his 2022 Express debut on August 9 at Oklahoma City. He went 1-for-3 with a home run, three RBI, a run scored and two walks in his first game back.
The righty batted .300/.364/.633/.997 (27-90) with eight home runs and 27 RBI over 22 games in August between the Arizona League and Round Rock. He ended August by reaching base in 16 of his 17 games as a member of the E-Train. Jung earned his Major League call-up on September 9 and hit a home run in his first at-bat against the Toronto Blue Jays at Globe Life Field.
Lee entered August with a scoreless inning streak of 4.1 frames. The streak extended to 13.1 innings until he finally allowed a run on August 28 against the Albuquerque Isotopes. Lee went 1-0 with a 1.64 ERA (2 ER/11.0 IP) over nine relief appearances in August, limiting Triple-A opponents to a .268/.286/.390/.676 slash line with one walk and 17 strikeouts.
The righty whiffed 17 of 42 batters faced (40.5%) for the month. On August 10 at Oklahoma City, he tossed 2.0 innings of scoreless baseball with one hit and four strikeouts. Lee was promoted to Round Rock in mid-June for his first career Triple-A action and he is in his second professional season after being selected in the sixth round of the 2021 MLB Draft out of the University of Alabama.
Round Rock gets set for a six-game series against the Tacoma Rainiers (Seattle) on Tuesday night at Cheney Stadium. The Express return to Dell Diamond for the final three-game series of the 2022 season on Monday, September 26 at 6:35 p.m against the Sugar Land Space Cowboys (Houston).
For more information about the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Subscribe to the E-Train email newsletter and keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 19, 2022
- 3B Josh Jung, RHP Chase Lee Earn Rangers Minor League Awards for August - Round Rock Express
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank to Receive Check at Chihuahuas Game Saturday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Salt Lake Bees Wrap up 2022 Home Schedule this Week - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Round Rock Express Release 2023 Home Game Times and Flex Plans
- Round Rock Express LHP Cole Ragans, RHP Chase Lee Earn Texas Rangers Minor League Awards
- OF Bubba Thompson Named 2022 Round Rock Express MVP
- Round Rock Falls 10-1 to Sugar Land in Season Finale
- Express Battle Back for 9-6 Victory over Space Cowboys