2022 eMLS League Series 1 Presented by Coca-Cola® Shifted to Virtual Event
Major League Soccer today announced the cancelation of in-person activities for the 2022 eMLS League Series 1 presented by Coca-Cola® January 15-16. The league has shifted the event, as well as the 2022 eMLS League Series 2 presented by Coca-Cola® in Chicago, to an online format to ensure the safety of players and fans.
All eMLS competitors will compete in the event virtually from their own homes. No events will take place in Cincinnati as originally scheduled.
"While we were thrilled to host this competition and showcase Cincinnati to the global gaming community, we agree with the decision made by MLS to host this event in an online/virtual format to ensure the safety of players, staff and fans alike," said Meg Ryan, FC Cincinnati Chief Marketing Officer. "We hope to host this event in future years."
To watch eMLS League Series 1 online, fans can tune in at 3 p.m. ET both Saturday Jan. 15 and Sunday Jan. 16 at twitch.tv/MLS, mlssoccer.com and twitter.com/MLS. FC Cincinnati will be led on the virtual pitch by Macissé 'Cissé' Diop, who signed as the club's eMLS representative in November.
FC Cincinnati will still be giving away a PlayStation®5 (PS5). Fans are encouraged to enter the contest, which runs through January 16, HERE.
The following is a statement from MLS:
"Due to current COVID-19 conditions, we have made the decision to cancel this event at PromoWest Pavilion at OVATION and will instead be conducting the competition virtually. Ensuring the safety of our players, staff, and fans remains our highest priority. We apologize for any inconvenience as a result of this cancellation and thank you for your understanding."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 5, 2022
- New England Revolution Announce 2022 Preseason Schedule - New England Revolution
- Minnesota United to Host SC Paderborn 07 in International Friendly - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender Raymon Gaddis - FC Cincinnati
- David Blitzer & Smith Entertainment Group to Purchase Real Salt Lake - MLS
- David Blitzer & Smith Entertainment Group to Purchase Real Salt Lake - Real Salt Lake
- Minnesota United Signs South African Forward Bongokuhle Hlongwane - Minnesota United FC
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Defender Aboubacar Keita from Columbus Crew - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Acquires up to $450,000 in Allocation Money from the Colorado Rapids in Exchange for Aboubacar Keita - Columbus Crew SC
- New York City FC Homegrown James Sands Loaned to Rangers FC - New York City FC
- 2022 eMLS League Series 1 Presented by Coca-Cola® Shifted to Virtual Event - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for September 4 Home Match against Sporting Kansas City - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Announce 2022 Preseason Games at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce Preseason Friendly against the LA Galaxy on February 19 - D.C. United
- Toyota Stadium to Host 2022 SheBelieves Cup Final Doubleheader Featuring United States vs. Iceland, New Zealand vs. Czech Republic - FC Dallas
- CF Montréal Announces Changes to Training Camp Schedule - Club de Foot Montreal
- Revolution Announce Changes to Two Home Matches in June - New England Revolution
- MNUFC Match at New England Moved to June 19 - Minnesota United FC
- St. Louis City SC Announces Bradley Carnell as Club's First Head Coach - St. Louis City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Look to Avenge Home Loss against CF Montréal
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at CF Montréal
- Late New England Winner Sinks FC Cincinnati, 3-2
- FC Cincinnati Seek Fifth-Straight Win, Return Home to Host the New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Academy Roundup: MLS NEXT Flex