2020 Minor League Season Shelved
CHARLESTON, W.Va. - In accordance with Minor League Baseball, the West Virginia Power's 2020 season has been shelved as a result of Major League Baseball's decision to not provide players to any affiliated Minor League teams this year. No games from the 2020 season will be made up in any capacity.
Power Owner and Managing Partner Tim Wilcox: "We are devastated that we will not have any professional baseball games at Appalachian Power Park this year. Power baseball is a summer tradition for everyone in The Capital City, and we wish we could provide that to the Charleston community in 2020. However, we are unable to provide a season without players on the field. We are looking forward to welcoming fans to our downtown facility for other socially-distant events later this year."
Fans with any questions regarding tickets, group outings, the 2021 season and more should visit our 2020 season information page.
Power General Manager Jeremy Taylor: "To say we are incredibly upset is a massive understatement. Since 1987, the Kanawha Valley has featured professional affiliated baseball every season, with the last 15 campaigns occurring at Appalachian Power Park. Our organization's heart breaks knowing that will not be the case this year. We are currently working on multiple events for the rest of the 2020 calendar year, so we can provide the Charleston community with more unforgettable memories among their family, friends and colleagues."
Stay tuned to the Power's social media channels for updated information on events at the ballpark in 2020, as well as the latest news regarding the 2021 season. Any media wishing to do an interview on this story should contact David Kahn, the Power's Broadcast and Media Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please visit www.wvpower.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 30, 2020
- RiverDogs Make 2020 Season Announcement - Charleston RiverDogs
- Augusta GreenJackets Baseball Club Will Not Play 2020 Season - Augusta GreenJackets
- Rome Braves, MiLB Season Scratched - Rome Braves
- 2020 Delmarva Shorebirds Baseball Season Shelved - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 2020 Season Shutout - Hagerstown Suns
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled - Lexington Legends
- Cannon Ballers Share Disappointment on Postponed Inaugural Season - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Columbia Fireflies Lose 2020 Baseball Season - Columbia Fireflies
- 2020 Minor League Season Shelved - West Virginia Power
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- 2020 MiLB Season Cancelled - Greenville Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.