2019 Columbus Crew SC Schedule Revealed
COLUMBUS - Major League Soccer today unveiled its 2019 regular-season schedule, a campaign that sees each of its now 24 clubs play a 34-match slate. Columbus Crew SC begins its 24th MLS season at home, facing the defending Supporters' Shield winners, the New York Red Bulls, in Opening Match at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 2 at MAPFRE Stadium. The Black & Gold then travel to Gillette Stadium to take on the New England Revolution on Saturday, March 9 at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Tickets to all matches on the Crew SC home schedule are available now through 2019 Season Ticket Memberships both online and over the phone. Ticket information is available by calling 614-447-CREW and online. Group Tickets 20+ are available for purchase by calling 614-447-CREW ext. 5 or by email at groupsales@ColumbusCrewSC.com. Information on individual-match tickets for all 2019 home matches will be released in the near future. Local broadcast and promotional schedule information will be released at a later date. In 2018, the Black & Gold reached the MLS Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Semifinals for the third time in four years, having previously won the Eastern Conference Championship in 2015 en route to reaching MLS Cup.
The Black & Gold are set to open their campaign against the New York Red Bulls for the fourth time in club history, having previously played Opening Match against the Red Bulls in 1999, 2004 and 2007. The home match against the Red Bulls on March 2 marks only the third time in 10 years that Columbus has opened its campaign with a match at MAPFRE Stadium. The 2019 campaign is Crew SC's 20th season at MAPFRE Stadium, the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States.
Following the match against the Red Bulls, Crew SC plays its first road contest of the year against the New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, March 9 at 2:00 p.m. ET. The Black & Gold have an all-time regular-season winning road record of 16-15-6 against the Revolution dating back to 1996. Last season, the Crew went undefeated against New England with a record of 1-0-1, drawing against the Revolution at home before winning on the road.
In 2019, Crew SC faces all Eastern Conference opponents - Atlanta United, the Chicago Fire, D.C. United, new MLS side FC Cincinnati, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, New York City FC, New York Red Bulls, Orlando City SC, the Philadelphia Union and Toronto FC - twice, with one match at home and one match on the road against each.
Twelve other contests featuring Western Conference opponents complete the Black & Gold's 2019 regular-season schedule. The Crew host FC Dallas, Los Angeles Football Club, the LA Galaxy, the Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC and Sporting Kansas City at MAPFRE Stadium this year, while the club is set to visit the Colorado Rapids, the Houston Dynamo, Minnesota United FC, Real Salt Lake, San Jose Earthquakes and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
Notable schedule highlights include: Opening Match at MAPFRE Stadium against the 2018 Supporters' Shield winners, the New York Red Bulls (March 2); a home contest against Western Conference opponent FC Dallas (March 16), a home match against 2019 MLS Cup winners Atlanta United and reigning MVP Josef Martinez (March 30); a home match against Eastern Conference opponent the New England Revolution (April 6); a clash against the Portland Timbers at home (April 20); and Crew SC closes April by hosting longtime Eastern Conference foes D.C. United (April 24).
In 2019, the Black & Gold is also set to host West Conference sides the LA Galaxy (May 8) and Los Angeles Football Club (May 11) in back-to-back home matches before facing New York City FC at home (June 1). Columbus faces the Montreal Impact at MAPFRE Stadium (July 20) before its inaugural MLS regular-season home match against expansion side FC Cincinnati (August 10). Crew SC hosts Toronto FC in the first of two Trillium Cup matches (August 17) before taking on Eastern Conference rivals the Chicago Fire at home (August 31). The Crew then close the regular-season home schedule with a contest against the Philadelphia Union (September 29) before a road contest at Toronto FC on October 6.
The first two rounds of the 2019 MLS SuperDraft presented by adidas are held on Friday, January 11 at 3:00 p.m. ET at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. The event is held annually by MLS. Crew SC enters the SuperDraft with the 18th pick in the First Round.
Under Head Coach Caleb Porter, Crew SC's 2019 MLS Preseason begins on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 in Central Ohio after entrance physicals and testing. From there, the club departs to Chula Vista, California for its preseason camp. The Black & Gold are slated to remain in California through February 6 before returning to Columbus. The team will be in Central Ohio from February 7-12 before traveling to Charleston, South Carolina to participate in the 2019 Carolina Challenge Cup. More information on Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 season at MAPFRE Stadium is available at ColumbusCrewSC.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 7, 2019
- A Closer Look: 2019 MLS Schedule - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Unveils 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati's Inaugural MLS Schedule Released - FC Cincinnati
- 2019 Columbus Crew SC Schedule Revealed - Columbus Crew SC
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 MLS Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Announces 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Announce 2019 MLS Schedule - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Announce 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Toronto FC
- 2019 Schedule Unveiled - Montreal Impact
- Atlanta United to Feature on 17 National TV Broadcasts - Atlanta United FC
- New England Revolution 2019 Regular Season Schedule Unveiled - New England Revolution
- Whitecaps FC Announce 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Announces 2019 Regular Season Schedule - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Announce 2019 Regular Season Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Announce Schedule for 2019 Season - Portland Timbers
- New York City FC Announce 2019 Regular Season Schedule - New York City FC
- Major League Soccer Unveils 2019 Sounders FC Schedule - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Unveil 2019 MLS Schedule, Presented by Speedway - New York Red Bulls
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2019 Regular-Season Schedule - Philadelphia Union
- Houston Dynamo 2019 Schedule Announced - Houston Dynamo
- Sporting KC Releases 2019 MLS Schedule - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids Announce 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United Announce 34-Game MLS Regular Season Schedule - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Announces 2019 MLS Regular Season Schedule - FC Dallas
- 2019 MLS Season Highlighted by Debut of FC Cincinnati, New Playoff Format - MLS
- Impact Completes Transfer of Alejandro Silva to Club Olimpia - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati Hires Dennis Carroll as Chief Operating Officer - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Signs MF Everton Luiz on Loan from S.P.A.L. - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Minnesota United FC at Allianz Field Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires General and Targeted Allocation Money in Trade with Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Forward Gyasi Zardes to a Multi-Year Contract Extension
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Los Angeles Football Club at MAPFRE Stadium Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Aboubacar Keita Receives International Call-Up for FIFA Under-20 Men's World Cup