14ers Outgun Arsenal
DENVER, CO - The Colorado 14ers scored 71 second half points to top the Anaheim Arsenal 122-102 on Saturday night. The victory is eighth in the last ten games for Colorado, improving them to 15-7 on the season. Anaheim falls to 10-15 on the year with the loss.
The two teams exchanged the lead 12 times in the first half, with Colorado going to halftime holding a 51-50 advantage. Von Wafer then scored 12 of his game-high 26 points in the third quarter, and Colorado outscored Anaheim 37-22 in the period. The 14ers then put the game away with a 34 point fourth quarter effort, led by 10 points from Antoine Hood in the period.
"I think the most impressive thing is that we had six games in nine nights, and we went 4-2 in that span," said 14ers coach Joe Wolf. "We didn't have a letdown during this stretch, which I think for a young team is very good."
After shooting 57% in beating Colorado last night, Anaheim was held to 44% from the field in Broomfield tonight. Milone Clark led the Arsenal with 16 points, while Majic Dorsey chipped in 15 points and nine assists in the loss.
Mike Harris led Colorado's 59% shooting performance, going 8-10 from the field off the bench. Harris finished with 20 points, 11 rebounds, six assists, and four blocked shots in 34 minutes. Elton Brown also posted a double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds in the win.
Anaheim returns home for its next three games, beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 24 when the Arsenal host the Albuquerque Thunderbirds. Colorado opens up a three game road trip in Austin on Wednesday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 20, 2007
- 14ers Outgun Arsenal - Anaheim Arsenal
- RimRockers Doomed by Poor Second Half - Arkansas RimRockers
- Maverick Duo Lead Flyers to Victory - Dakota Wizards
- Elder's big fourth quarter helps Toros beat Tulsa - Austin Spurs
- Dakota Picks Up Tremaine Fowlkes - Dakota Wizards
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Stampede extends win streak with victory over Jam - Bakersfield Jam
- Thunderbirds Defeat D-Fenders in First Ever Meeting - New Mexico Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.