Woeful Shooting Performance Dooms Energy against Red Claws
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy (11-29) shot just 39% from the field, including 2-21 from deep, in an 82-110 loss to the Maine Red Claws (24-16) Sunday afternoon at Wells Fargo Arena. The 82-point performance was one point shy of a season low.
Wayne Selden Jr. led the Energy with 21 points to go along with eight rebounds and three assists. The Kansas product has averaged 21 points in his last five outings dating back to Feb. 23.
Quinton Chievous added 14 points and six rebounds for Iowa. The Energy's 2016 first round draft pick shot 7-8 from the field.
In a game that saw the Energy lead 18-16 after a slow first quarter, Maine outscored Iowa 94-64 the rest of the way.
Grizzlies assignee Wade Baldwin IV had a team-high five assists to go along with 11 points and six rebounds.
Forward Jalen Jones paced the Red Claws with a 30-point performance. The Texas A&M product was one point shy of tying his season-high.
Iowa State alum Abdel Nader finished with 14 points, eight rebounds and three assists.
The Iowa Energy host the Santa Cruz Warriors next Sunday at Wells Fargo Arena at 4:00 p.m. on Superhero Day.
To purchase tickets, visit IowaNBA.com, call 515-564-8550 or visit the Wells Fargo Arena ticket office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2017
- Woeful Shooting Performance Dooms Energy against Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Fall to Salt Lake City Stars 119-113 - Austin Spurs
- Jones, Red Claws Dominate Energy - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Recall Papagiannis from Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Charge Surge over Knicks - Canton Charge
- Bayhawks Drop Matinee Match Against 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Sputter out in Loss to Canton Charge - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Comeback Falls Short against Swarm - Grand Rapids Drive
- Bighorns Split Series with Warriors After Rally Falls Short In - Reno Bighorns
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Come up Short in Battle of League's Top Team - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Drop Reno to Even the Season Series - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Cut Down the Nets - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.