Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have recalled guard David Nwaba from the D-Fenders, it was announced today.
In Saturday's game against the Raptors 905, Nwaba totaled 20 points, four rebounds, one assist, one steal and one block in 25 minutes. Overall, the rookie has averaged 14.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game while connecting on 65.1 percent of his field goals in the D-League.
About the Los Angeles D-Fenders: The NBA Development League's Los Angeles D-Fenders return for the team's 10th season of competition in 2016-17. The first franchise in D-League history to be owned by an NBA team, the D-Fenders franchise has established itself as a top producer of NBA-ready talent, totaling 25 NBA Call-Ups and developing 19 Lakers assignment players since the inaugural 2006-07 season. The D-Fenders have claimed two division titles and have twice participated in the NBA D-League Finals. The franchise will become the South Bay Lakers prior to the 2017-18 season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2017
- Woeful Shooting Performance Dooms Energy against Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Fall to Salt Lake City Stars 119-113 - Austin Spurs
- Jones, Red Claws Dominate Energy - Maine Red Claws
- Kings Recall Papagiannis from Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Charge Surge over Knicks - Canton Charge
- Bayhawks Drop Matinee Match Against 87ers - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks Sputter out in Loss to Canton Charge - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Comeback Falls Short against Swarm - Grand Rapids Drive
- Bighorns Split Series with Warriors After Rally Falls Short In - Reno Bighorns
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Come up Short in Battle of League's Top Team - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Drop Reno to Even the Season Series - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Cut Down the Nets - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt