Memphis Grizzlies Recall Deyonta Davis From Iowa Energy
Memphis, Tenn. - Memphis Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace today announced the team has recalled center Deyonta Davis from the Iowa Energy, the Grizzlies' NBA Development League affiliate.
Davis (6-11, 237) has appeared in eight games (seven starts) for the Energy this season and averaged 10.8 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.25 blocks in 26.0 minutes with three straight double-doubles. The 20-year-old has come off the bench in all 29 off his appearances for the Grizzlies during his rookie season and averaged 1.9 points and 1.8 rebounds in 6.6 minutes.
The Muskegon, Mich. native was drafted by the Boston Celtics in the second round (31st overall) of the 2016 NBA Draft following his freshman season at Michigan State University. His rights were then traded to the Grizzlies on draft night along with the rights to Rade Zagorac (35th) for a future first round draft pick.
Fans who want to support the Memphis Grizzlies and purchase tickets to any of the Grizzlies' remaining contests of the 2016/17 season or guarantee their 2017 NBA Playoff tickets with 2017/18 Season Tickets can do so by calling (901) 888-HOOP or going online to grizzlies.com . For more information on the Grizzlies, visit grizzlies.com, 'like' Memphis Grizzlies on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@memgrizz).
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2017
- Skyforce Fall to D-Fenders 115-111 - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Treat Sellout Crowd to Victory - Canton Charge
- Late Rally Comes up Short as Bulls Fall to Charge in Canton - Windy City Bulls
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Deyonta Davis From Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Wayne Selden Jr. - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors Concede First Game of Weekend Series to Texas - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.