Wranglers Fall to Stockton in Game 2 Overtime, 3-2April 7, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) Las Vegas Wranglers
The first period was held scoreless until three goals were exchanged in the final minutes. At the 16:27 mark, Wranglers center Judd Blackwater scored the first goal of the game for a 1-0 Vegas lead, but Thunder left wing Shawn Weller responded with a power play goal for a tie game at 18:01. Ninety-four seconds ticked by, and with 25 seconds left in the opening period, Wranglers forward Scott Pitt hit the back of the Stockton net for the 2-1 advantage.
Late in the second, Weller recorded his second goal of the night to knot the game 2-2. Wranglers goaltender Joe Fallon and Thunder goaltender Olivier Roy kept the game tied through the third, and for the second night in a row, the contest went to overtime. Only needing an extra 1:44 minutes to get the win, Thunder center Harrison Reed notched the game-winner for a 3-2 victory and a 2-0 series lead.
The best-of-seven series moves to Las Vegas for Games 3, 4, and 5, starting Monday, April 8, at 7:05 p.m. If necessary, Games 6 and 7 will take place in Stockton on April 12 and 14.
ECHL Stories from April 7, 2013
- ECHL Transactions - April 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - April 7 - ECHL
- Heemskerk, Bulls Blanks Aces 1-0 to Even Series - Alaska Aces
- DÃÂ©jÃÂ vu in Game 2, Reed gives Thunder overtime win and 2-0 series lead - Stockton Thunder
- Wranglers Fall to Stockton in Game 2 Overtime, 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- SF Bulls Stun Aces with 1-0, Shutout Victory in Game 2 - San Francisco Bulls
- Ontario Wins 2nd Straight in Overtime to Capture Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign Sweep Grizzlies and Head to Second Round - Ontario Reign
- Beskorowany, Steelheads Edge Eagles, 1-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- 5-on-3 Goal Nips Eagles in 1-0, Game 3 Loss Colorado suffers first home shutout in 10 playoff season - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.