Independent Review Panel Rescinds Fine and Suspension Given to Joaquin VelazquezMarch 19, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Club Deportivo Chivas USA
In the 40th minute of last Sunday's first leg of the SuperClÃ¡sico, referee Ricardo Salazar showed a yellow card, then a red card, to Velasquez after a tackle on the Galaxy's Colin Clark (VIDEO ).
The Red-and-White organization submitted a petition for a review on the play, and the independent review panel concluded that the automatic fine and one-game suspension should be rescinded. The independent review panel consists of one representative from each of the following entities: U.S. Soccer Federation, Canadian Soccer Association, and Professional Referees Organization (PRO). For more on the red card review process, CLICK HERE .
Chivas USA next faces Eastern Conference opponent the Chicago Fire in its first road match of the season on Sunday, March 24, beginning at 2 p.m. (PT) at Toyota Park. The game will be broadcasted in Spanish on UniMas and can be heard on W Radio 690 AM. For more information please visit cdchivasusa.com . Follow us on Twitter @cdchivasusa and Facebook.com/chivasusa .
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2013
- LA Galaxy Academy Names Dallas Cup Roster - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Chicago Fire Sign Goalkeeper Alec Kann - Chicago Fire
- Bruce Arena Has Options to Fill Voids Left by International Call-Ups - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Re-Signs Goalkeeper Tim Melia - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Dynamo Midfielder Brad Davis Added to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for Upcoming World Cup Qualifi - Houston Dynamo
- Independent Review Panel Rescinds Fine and Suspension Given to Joaquin Velazquez - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Four FC Dallas Players Currently on International Duty - FC Dallas
- D.C. United's Talon Reigns Supreme at FOX 5's Mascot Madness - D.C. United
- Chivas USA's Red Card Appeal Upheld - MLS
- D.C. United Sends Four to Richmond Kickers - D.C. United
- This Week in MLS - MLS
- Robbie Keane Aims to Take Ireland Back to the World Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Toronto FC Waive Midfielder Stinson - Toronto FC
- Red Bulls Sign Forward Peguy Luyindula - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.