Stars Left Wing Matt Fraser Recalled to DallasMarch 8, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Texas Stars
Fraser, 22, is tied for second in the AHL with 27 total goals, and leads the league with 14 power play tallies. Earlier this season, Fraser was selected to represent the Western Conference at the 2013 AHL All-Star Game. He has four points (3G-1A) in three games since his assignment to Texas on Feb. 28, and leads the team in overall scoring with 39-points (27G-12A) in 54 games for the club.
Fraser has skated in two games this season with Dallas, and recorded one point with a plus-2 rating. He earned his first career NHL goal against the Nashville Predators on Feb. 25 and has skated in three career NHL contests. Fraser went undrafted and was signed as a free agent on Nov. 17, 2010.
The Dallas Stars return to the ice on Saturday night at Jobing.com Arena to faceoff against the Phoenix Coyotes at 7 p.m. CT (TV: FOX Sports Southwest; Radio: 1310 The Ticket).
The Texas Stars continue their five-game home stand on Friday, March 8th when they battle against their division rivals the San Antonio Rampage for the first time in 41 days for a 7:00 p.m. faceoff at Cedar Park Center. Friday's game is another Texas Lottery Lucky Row Night, a $3 Beer Night and the Stars Team Poster Giveaway presented by Goodwill, along a post-game autograph session with the entire team. Pro-rated full and partial 2012-13 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
American Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2013
- San Antonio Stuns Texas 5-4 in Record Shootout - Texas Stars
- Rampage Defeat Stars, 5-4, in Longest Shootout in Franchise - San Antonio Rampage
- Lauridsen's First of Season Is Game-Winner - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rookies Help Pace Hogs to Shootout Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Out-Gun Bears - Norfolk Admirals
- Purple Reigns Thanks to Jurco and Mrazek - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Unravel in Third, Lose 4-3 to Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Stifle Bears in Friday Night Victory - Hershey Bears
- B-Sens Blank Whale, 3-0 - Binghamton Senators
- Americans Beat Heat 5-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Leggio, Mccormick Power Amerks To 5-0 Win Over Heat - Rochester Americans
- Lege-IN the Clutch - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Score 4 Straight to Best Pirates in Overtime - Portland Pirates
- Bruins Sour Start to Penguins' Road Trip - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Falcons Cooled Off By Phantoms - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Clip Bulldogs 2-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Devils Fall to Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Bruins Ice the Penguins 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Coyotes Sign Forward Darian Dziurzynski to Entry-Level Contract - Portland Pirates
- Sound Tigers Come Back to Beat Devils 4-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Slip Past IceCaps in Shootout - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch End Four Game Slide with Shootout Win over IceCaps - Syracuse Crunch
- Stars Left Wing Matt Fraser Recalled to Dallas - Texas Stars
- 2011 First-Round Pick Nicklas Jensen Joins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Recall Klinkhammer from Portland; Assign Rundblad to Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Drazenovic Recalled By Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Alumni Continue Community Outreach by Participating in Bowling Event, Heart Walk - Rochester Americans
- B-Sens Sign Forward Stephen Schultz to PTO - Binghamton Senators
- Bruins Recall Jordan Caron from Providence, Bourque Clears Waivers and Assigned to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Zolnierczyk Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Goalie Matt Hackett - Houston Aeros
- Pirates Look to Clinch VIP Cup in Matchup vs. Monarchs - Portland Pirates
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Adirondack, Game #56 - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Release Two - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.