Dynamo Open 2013 Season on Saturday vs. D.C. United at BBVA Compass StadiumMarch 1, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Houston Dynamo Press Release
Saturday's match will be broadcast nationally on the NBC Sports Network. The game can be heard on 1560 AM, ESPN 97.5 FM and La Ranchera 850 AM (Spanish).
The Dynamo enter the season with a 25-game regular season home unbeaten streak (30-games in all competitions), the second-longest streak in league history. The Dynamo have not lost a home game in more than 20 months, with their last home defeat a 2-0 loss to Columbus on June 18, 2011.
Tomorrow's game is a rematch of the Eastern Conference Championship last November, when the Dynamo earned a 4-2 series win to advance to MLS Cup. Saturday's opening day arrives exactly 90 days after the 2012 MLS Cup final, and March 2 is easily the earliest start date in league history. Pregame ceremonies to celebrate the opening of the season will include the unveiling of four conference championship banners inside BBVA Compass Stadium.
The Eastern Conference rivals will meet for the sixth time since last April. The clubs met five times in 2012 (three games in the regular season and two in the playoffs). This is also the fourth meeting in Houston since last May, with the Dynamo winning all three encounters at BBVA Compass Stadium in 2012.
Houston is 9-4-2 all-time in regular season meetings with D.C. United and holds a 7-0-1 mark in home games, outscoring United 17-4.
Dynamo forward Will Bruin has recorded seven of his 21 career goals in only seven career games against D.C. United. Bruin began his run with a hat trick in April 2011 and added a two-goal performance at D.C. last April. He tallied his seventh goal against D.C. in the first leg of the 2012 Eastern Conference Championship last November.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2013
- LA Galaxy ready to open the 2013 season on Sunday at The Home Depot Center - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Introduces a Renewed Rebaño Angelino - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Galaxy Players to Receive Their Championship Rings on Sunday - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Dynamo Open 2013 Season on Saturday vs. D.C. United at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- Philadelphia Union Sign Anding, Fernandes and Konopka - Philadelphia Union
- Earthquakes Team with T-Mobile for Second Straight Season to Create "T-Mobile 4G Power Zone" - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Opens Season on Saturday at Philadelphia - Sporting Kansas City
- Cordell Cato Traded to San Jose - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Sign Two Rookies, Acquire Cordell Cato from Seattle Sounders FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revs Team up with Supporters Groups for Season Opener Watch Parties - New England Revolution
- As Rest of MLS Opens, Revs Continue Preseason Prep - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Sign Defenders Mike Chabala, Anthony Arena - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL at San Jose Earthquakes - Sunday, March 3 - Real Salt Lake
- FC Dallas Midfielder Peter Luccin Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - FC Dallas
- D.C. United, Beach FC and Adidas Reach Regional Affiliate Agreement - D.C. United
- Impact Set to Kick off the 2013 Regular Season this Saturday at 10:30pm in Seattle - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Sign Cameroonian Midfielder Yazid Atouba - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Signs Darel Russell - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Signs Morgan, Bennett, and Osorio - Toronto FC
- Revolution Signs Gabe Latigue - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC Signs Welsh International Earnshaw - Toronto FC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Forward Chandler Hoffman - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo Re-Sign Forward Brian Ching - Houston Dynamo
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines D.C. United's Dwayne De Rosario - MLS
- LA Galaxy to Unveil New Multiuse Sport Court at Boys and Girls Club - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Know Style Change Is Needed as They Prepare for Life without David Beckham - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.