D.C. United signs midfielder Marcos Sánchez on one year loan from Tauro FCFebruary 26, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) D.C. United
"Marcos is highly technical player who can play a number of different spots in the midfield," said D.C. United General Manager Dave Kasper. "He has had a great two months of performances in both the UNCAF and World Cup qualifying with Panama, and he sealed a roster spot with his time during pre-season."
Sánchez, 23, has made 18 appearances (12 starts) for Panama's National Team and has tallied two goals. Most recently, Sanchez set up Panama's second goal in a 2-2 draw with Costa Rica in a 2014 FIFA Qualifying match. Previously with Panamanian side Tauro FC, Sánchez started four games in 2012 in the team's 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League campaign. Overall, Sánchez appeared in 66 games (49 starts) for Tauro FC since 2010 and notched four goals for the side.
Sánchez started his trial with the Black-and-Red on Feb. 12 and added an assist in a 2-0 win over the Philadelphia Union this past Saturday just two minutes after entering the match. The Panamanian international also made substitute appearances in pre-season games against Sporting Kansas City on Feb. 13 and the Montreal Impact on Feb. 16 and an additional scrimmage against the Union on Feb. 23.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2013
- Chivas USA Adds Defenders Velazquez and Vilchez - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Consistency Is Key - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Villarreal, U.S. U-20's Advance to U-20 World Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Unveil 2013 Third Kit - Philadelphia Union
- San Jose Earthquakes, Comcast SportsNet to Air 29 Regular Season Games in 2013 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- Rapids Partner with 7-Eleven to Create "The Corner 7-Eleven" - Colorado Rapids
- Quebec Players Wandrille Lefevre and Maxim Tissot Join First Team from Academy as Homegrown Players - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- This Week in MLS - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Midfielder Gershon Koffie Obtains Permanent Canadian Residency Card, Agrees to Contract - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Chris Wondolowski to Designated Player Contract - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire and Quaker Oats Ask Fans to Choose Next Fire Bobblehead - Chicago Fire
- Rapids and Altitude Announce Broadcast Schedule for 2013 Season - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United signs midfielder Marcos Sánchez on one year loan from Tauro FC - D.C. United
- Guy to Represent Guam in AFC Challenge Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- Captain Torsten Frings Announces His Retirement - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.