Earthquakes Announce English and Spanish Radio Broadcast Partners for 2013 SeasonFebruary 12, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) San Jose Earthquakes
"For the second straight year, we are offering our fans all games on the radio in both English and Spanish," said Earthquakes President David Kaval. "We are also proud to be working with two locally owned broadcasters that are focused on San Jose. KLIV has been the news leader in Silicon Valley for many years and KZSF has a long tradition of airing local sports."
Anthony Passarelli returns to the booth for his second year as the primary voice for the Earthquakes in 2013 and he will be joined for all home games by former Earthquakes standout Chris Dangerfield. Passarelli works for KCBS radio in San Francisco as a sports anchor/reporter in addition to calling games for Santa Clara University men's basketball and men's soccer. He has also provided color commentary and radio play-by-play for San Jose State men's basketball. A three-time NorCal AFTRA award-winning sports anchor and reporter, he resides in San Jose.
Dangerfield enters his second year as the color analyst for Quakes games on the radio after serving as the color analyst on television for the team from 1996-99. The native of England enjoyed a great career for the Earthquakes in both the North American Soccer League and Western Soccer Alliance. In the NASL, he was a key midfielder from 1982-84, scoring 14 goals and notching 14 assists for the Quakes in that span. He helped the 1983 Quakes to an undefeated season at home and a semifinal finish in the playoffs. He also played for the Portland Timbers, Los Angeles Aztecs and Team Hawaii, among others.
KLIV is a locally-owned station that serves the community and focuses on the news, events and people of Silicon Valley. An affiliate of CNN Radio, KLIV is Silicon Valley's only all-news radio station. Besides local news coverage, 1590 KLIV is known for its frequent traffic reports covering Silicon Valley roads and freeways.
The Earthquakes return to KZSF for the third straight season and will air all games on the station for the second consecutive year. The Quakes aired home games only in Spanish on "La Kaliente" during the 2004, 2005 and 2010 seasons. KZSF is a locally owned Spanish language station that hosts daily sports talk shows and also plays a wide variety of popular music.
Carlos Cesar Rivera returns for his sixth consecutive season as the voice of the Quakes and his ninth overall. A native of El Salvador, Rivera hosts a popular sports talk show from 5-7 p.m. PT Monday through Friday on La Kaliente that covers MLS, Mexican League soccer, as well as many other sports. Rivera, who has worked in radio in the Bay Area for over 30 years, has also called games for the San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants and the San Francisco Bay Blackhawks in his career.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 12, 2013
- Duckett Lands Back in MLS - New England Revolution
- Finally on Board, Barrett Eager to Get to Work - New England Revolution
- Sean Franklin Longest Tenured Player in Camp this Year - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Defeats the LA Blues, 3-1, in Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Xfinity High School Football Challenge Reveals 2013 Rio Tinto Matchups - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Takes on the Tampa Bay Rowdies on Wednesday - Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Wraps up Preseason in Cancun - FC Dallas
- Thorns FC Announce Inaugural NWSL Schedule - Portland Timbers
- Bryan Gaul Hopes to Keep Going Forward - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Game Time on May 25 Moved to 7pm - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes Announce English and Spanish Radio Broadcast Partners for 2013 Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy to Host Meet-The-Team Event at L.A. Live - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Saunders to RSL" - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.