Fundraising Efforts for Kyle Deck a SuccessFebruary 11, 2013 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Regina Pats Press Release
Through donations from the Clark Gillies Bobblehead Night, the Pats and their fans raised $4,500. Half of those funds went towards supporting Kyle while the other half was donated to the Regina Kidney Foundation.
Pats fans gave generously at the Skills Competition and Alumni Game, making donations at the doors and participating in a silent auction of the Alumni's game worn jerseys. Founding members of the Shooting Stars Foundation, Mike Sillinger, Jamie Heward and Jordan Eberle, matched the donations from the jersey auction and the night raised $21,000.
"The Alumni game was a great night," says Sillinger. "It's awesome to see the Pats, fans and alumni all stepping up to help a member of the Pats family in need. The Shooting Stars Foundation is honoured to have been able to contribute to supporting Kyle."
The Regina Pats would like to thank all of the fans, volunteers, alumni and sponsors who helped make this fundraising initiative a resounding success.
The Pats are in action tomorrow night when they host the Medicine Hat Tigers. Visit the Brandt Centre Box Office to purchase two-for-one tickets to Tuesday's game as well as any remaining Pats home games. Tuesday night will also mark the first "Happy Hour" at the Brandt Centre. Between 6-7 p.m., all drinks are only $4.00. For more information on the Pats Fan Appreciation Offers, visit ReginaPats.com.
Western Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2013
- Rattie Scores Four as Winterhawks Beat Vancouver 8-3 - Portland Winterhawks
- Chiefs Weekly Report - Spokane Chiefs
- Fundraising Efforts for Kyle Deck a Success - Regina Pats
- Hockey Challenge 2013 Schedule Set - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Kamloops Blazers Week in Review - Kamloops Blazers
- Raiders this Week - Prince Albert Raiders
- Portland Winterhawks this Week - Portland Winterhawks
- Saskatoon Blades' Brenden Walker Named Denny's WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Pat Chat - Regina Pats
- Royals Outduel Chiefs - Victoria Royals
- Victoria Defeats Spokane 5-3 - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.